Saturday, August 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday. She doesn't even know I have a blog...I am pretty sure she doesn't even know what one is. However, if she knew that anyone on the net, in the whole wide world could see her photo if they found my blog she would have a HUGE fit! Thinking about that makes me feel really bad that I am going to put her picture out here, I have been very considerate about not putting anything on my blog that I don't get approval for first...with the exception of yesterday but I knew she would be fine with that... So, even though my Mom doesn't like this photo I on the other hand LOVE it. I think this is a college photo. I think what she doesnt like about it is the hair...but come on! Almost everyone had that hair back then... just like most every tween/teen and young 20's had the HIGH aqua net bangs in the 80's! I hate those pics of me so I get her dislike. But LOOK at her!
Oh she is so pretty. I'll say it, she was HOT! There is not an ounce of ugly there, well the hair style isn't all that but it was the in thing...and ok that plaid jacket thing eww but other than that not an ounce!!I always hated being told that I looked just like my Mom when I was growing up. I would argue and say" Nuh uh! No way! We look nothing alike!" One day I came across a pic, it could be this one, but it was color tinted...I remember telling my Mom, "Mom,what happened? You were hot!" She should have slapped me, I know. I am almost wondering if she didn't say " You is what happened!" That is totally what happened to me.

She is not the typical girly girl. Ever since I can remember my Mom has never worn makeup. She tossed the contacts and has worn glasses all her life. She always had the wash-n-go hair. Never dyed it...wait her and her younger sis just told me of when she would highlight my Mom's hair. I was floored! When she started to gray she never tried to hide it and she grayed gracefully. I loved her salt-n-pepper hair. Now there is no more pepper. I no longer deny that I look like my Mommy. I am actually proud and have been known to say it first. I love my Mommy so much and I hate that she keeps getting older. I can't imagine my life without her in it. I know the day will come when she is no longer here and I know that I will be a wreck because I am bawling like a baby as I type this.

Here is an excerpt from my Diary:

"August 25, 1986

Today was my moms birthday I gave her a card and a smelly incense thing that had a locket on it. She took me out to Big Cheese Pizza. I love her so much. Bye."

I corrected all my misspellings.

Now I am off to call my Mom, sing her the birthday song and read her that entry!
I love you Mommy! xoxoxoxoxox

*************************************************************************************
I had thought of leaving my misspellings in so here it is...

"August25,1986

Today was my moms birthday I gave her a cardand a Smelly incens ting that had a looket on it. She took me out to Big Chezz Paiza. I Love her so much. Bye"

9 comments:

Fianna said...

What a hottie!! And yes, that pic looks soooo much like you!

Ya know, what makes your mom super hot is what an amazingly kind person she is.

Happy Birthday Mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mom ! I had hair just like that. You are too cute.

ChrisB said...

Happy Birthday to your mom she was beautiful :)

Emma in Canada said...

That was very sweet. My mum had hair like that too. You should have left the spelling mistakes in, that would have been very cute. Unless you were in your 20s or something.

Molly said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. In my senior picture (1964), my hair looks very much like your mom's do.

Molly said...

1964 was high school was the year that I graduated from high school.

Kaytabug said...

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments and Birthday wishes to me Mom! I am putting in the version of how it was originally spelled... maybe you can figure out what I gave her.Mom and I are at a loss.

mjd: I just didn't know which senior year you were referring to, HS or college...not that I was trying to figure out your age...but you are young enough to be my Mom!! ;) I am still positive that pic was college but not sure if it was frosh or senior or somewhere between! That do lasted awhile didn't it?!

Robinella said...

I love my Mommy the same and think she rocked in her early photos too. Just visited her Fri-Sat and still had to spend an hour on the phone this afternoon. Happy Bday to your Mommy!

Debs said...

Happy birthday to your mom.

I always thought my mom was a hottie in her day. I was too before I had kids. Darn hips won't go down for nothing. *LOL*

Cute diary entry. :)