Saturday, August 4, 2007

Ready...Aim...

Yet another parental kid oriented post. It happens alright! At least I warned you. My youngest turned 3 in June. It's that time again...where I have to train me to train him to pee and poop in the potty. That was full on Mommy speak. I am very pissy right now. I don't want to do this again. It sucks. It really sucks when the boy trying to be trained has the type of attitude like, " You want me to do WHAT? In WHERE? Nahh, I think these tighty whiteys will do just fine."

I have to admit I am only doing this halfheartedly because I am just not into it partly because he's not into it. To make things worse the hubby isn't even on board! Twice this week I have left him in charge so I could go to the store. #3 was in his tighty whiteys when I left, when I came home he was in a diaper. Can I get a little help around here? Is it too much to ask that we be on the same page? I think he is reading a different book.

Speaking of books, I'm off to read "Once upon a Potty" the BOY version for the billionth time in my life. In the meantime I will keep chanting my new mantra "This too shall pass"

5 comments:

Sauntering Soul said...

Since I have never potty trained another human being in my entire life, I really don't know what to say. Other than hang in there and I feel for ya.

Fianna said...

Uggghhh...I feel for you...Those icky parts of parenting keep me from getting too fast of a ticking clock!!

Kaytabug said...

Thanks for commenting you 2 and yes this is one of the icky-est parts of having kids.

Anonymous said...

ohh i so know what your sayin here.. my hubs does it with mine every time every darn time ughhh men...

good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Our son (2nd born of 4, others girls) was the latest to train. I kept him in a diaper until he decided he wanted big boy shorts. He was 32 months old at the time. Previous to that, I would ask, and he would say no, he didn't want them. If he did number 2, he would demand that I change him. I would continue washing dishes and tell him, "I will, when I am finished, when you are bigger and go in the potty, I will come and wipe you right away, but I am busy right now and will get to it in a few minutes". After a month or so of this, he decided he wanted big boy shorts and he had no accidents. Well, until he was 4 and we had our 4th. After a couple times I warned him he would have to wear a diaper and then put him in one for 2 hours (timed). He didn't have a problem after that.

Each kid is different as you well know, and eventually you will find what works for you and your son. Like you said, this too shall pass. It did for us, our son is 14.