She said, I’d like to know more about you, what makes you tick. I’d like to know how you started blogging. Did you keep a diary under lock and key safely hidden as a child? Do you still? Do you share the same things on your blog that you would have, or do, in your diary? Why did you start blogging and why do you continue? May as well throw in any roadblocks you have run into while blogging. If you still have your old diaries we’d love to see them.
I started blogging June 3rd of this year. I am such a newbie! I got started due to my BFF. She sent me a link to her blog and a week or 2 later there I was starting my own. I thought that it would be a great way to vent. Maybe writing is better for me since I SUCK at typing and spelling but I care about my spelling cuz other ppl are going to read my shit. It has been therapeutic but it has also been very addicting and has caused some tension in my marriage.
No I do not share the same things I would in a diary only because most entry's have to do with the hubs and I try to keep those personal things personal. Aside from that yes I do tell everything I would share with my "Dear Praising Loving Secret Diary" or D.P.L.S.D. for short, that is how I started off my entries when I was 10. That lasted 5 days, after which I just got right down to business!
This is the inside cover of my 10 yr old diary. Pretty comical!
This is the oldest one I could find. I have no idea if I had started one before 10 or not. I kept many off and on throughout HS and well on into adulthood. I wish I had kept better diary's after my babies were born...but life just took over. My Mom and I have our definition of Diary and Journal switched. To me a Journal is something you write down who came to visit, what the weather was, stuff that you could care less who read it. To my Mom a Journal is PRIVATE. She doesn't want anyone reading her Journals. Now for me a Diary is what I don't want you reading. I have been violated in that area before. My X-Step-mom snooped for my diary and found a few and photo copied them and her and my Dad took my Mom to court trying to say she was an unfit mother....Mom and I won! It amazes me I ever kept another diary again. I always kept them at my Mom's after that.
Here are a few of my diaries. I loved the cover of the black/silver/green one but I quit writing in it as I cant stand to write with gel pens and the colored gel was all that showed up the best on the black paper inside!
So I started to blog to vent and lately I have been struggling with continuing ...I know I know I have posted about this before. It is getting more serious. I have not been able to just spend one hr in the am and then one-2 hrs at night. If I could do that, if I had that self control...but I haven't found that self control yet. I need to and quick or I will walk away. And I don't want to leave. I have felt guilty the entire time I have been typing this post. That this should be the LAST thing on my mind. I did consider typing a post saying something came up and I cant get one up as much I was LOVING this topic. I thought of just posting the pictures...but I said NO! The events of my day will not keep away. It ruined so much of my day that I wasnt going to give it that power here. However it may come in to play in the near future. I am just so emotionally drained today...well it is now midnight for me so spilling on into a new day and tomorrow is going to be tuff...I mean today will be tuff.In my head it is still Sunday. So that is my roadblock. Originally my roadblock was going to be putting recent photos of myself on my blog. I don't know why I am so hesitant to do it...why I am afraid or whatever the reason is. It really perplexes me.
So there you have it. I wished I would have done this earlier in the week it would have been much more fun!!! Please send me fun happy comments...I need those.


29 comments:
thats really nice that you still kept a diary after your step mom vialated your privacy.
lovely blog, keep it up, dont quit
Sounds like blogging is having an impact on your life. You should think about posting just once or maybe twice a week. Then just spend half an hour a day reading your regular blogs and commenting.
You'll lose some commenters but I guess it's better than losing your husband!
I think Willowtree is on the right track. I try to limit my time and as I share the computer with my family there is always someone waiting for their turn.
I try to limit my time on my computer too. Only because I know I could end up sitting here for hours on end, lost in reading my fav blogs.
I don't think I could cope with posting everyday. I wouldn't like to put that pressure on myself.
It is great that you kept a diary after your wicked step mom violated your privacy. I am glad your mom won! :) Great post!
Robocop and I share a computer for now, but I have the computer during the day when he is working. I let him have it as soon as he gets home. On his day off, he has it most of the time, but I can get on it when I want to. He so sweet. But I know I will live without posting everyday.......it is hard for me.
I can only imagine what those volumes hold. When we get old and gray and get to sit on our front porches together in the mornings, we will have to pull those out to remember how much fun we had!
I am sorry to be the one you first experienced the drug with. I too struggle with it, and had to keep telling my dear last night, ten more minutes...I am almost done!!
Putting limits has been extremely difficult for me, both with blogs and Ebay, but I am better for doing so. I get more done and am happier, because there is less tension.
OK peeps I said fun happy comments!!! Thanks for the support though. It's not that my blogging and reading them are coming between us... it really isn't there...yet...I don't want it to get their either...yesterday was a wake up call and it had absolutely nothing to do with my blogging.
I have my own CPU and Hubs has his own and there is even one for the oldest son to play games on... I almost wish I had to share! I do let the oldest guy play online games on mine every once in a while as "his" cpu isn't hooked up to the net.
I think I was writing down what I need to do as I know what I need and maybe getting it out there will help me to do that. At least WT made me laugh even though he was serious when he said 30 minutes reading...what a hoot! I have already thought that at the least I will do Mon Wed and Fri posts and if time and inspiration hit then I'll do more than that.
Would someone address my original roadblock in regards to a recent photo of me??? MORE Fun please!
Don't quit blogging, we'd miss you! Blogging is very addictive. I try so hard during the weekends to limit myself to checking once during the day for and that's it! Or else the hubby feels a bit left out.
What a mean thing for your step-mom to do and I'm amazed you kept at it too. :) Porbably my diary of my youth would have just been boxes of letters from my friends, their responses to my letters.
I see what you mean. :)
Gel pens never worked for me. I have pens that have fuzzy stuff on the top, Thing 1 gave me one with Minnie Mouse on it. So I try to write with it. :D
I love the last pic. :D
Yours are the first pictures that I've seen of diaries. I think it's amazing that you have kept them particularly after the step-mom incident (don't bad things happen to wicked step mums!!)
I'm probably the last person who should say limit your time as I'm a real addict, but you would be surprised how soon people get used to say 'a weekly entry'. I follow someone who only blogs every Weds. and it works well so don't give up just re-think :)
It is amazing that you have been able to keep the diaries. I had some of my journals until they were lost in a move. However, I do still have a bunch of letters that Hubs and I wrote to each other when we were at different colleges. I had better find those and lock them up...gotta go.
I make it a point to not blog on family time.
But my husband has come to truly enjoy seeing what I write.
Keep it up...judiciously. He'll see what it means to you. And he'll get to see a side of your "self" that he wouldn't otherwise see. That is GOOD for a marriage. And GOOD for him. Give him some time, my friend.
i'm trying to think of something funny to write - but, alas, i'm not the funniest of people! there's got to be a silly joke about blogging out there. someone?
hang in there - and do what works for you. most of my blogging is pretty cathartic for me - so i think that is generally helpful and good for me to do it. i do sometimes spend too much time on it - but i spend too much time on my favorite game site too. *sigh*
i'm glad you did the "fun monday" today. and i'm glad to see someone (besides me) posted a photo from the pre-blogging era! :)
Yes - blogging is addictive and sometimes I lose track of time when I'm on it too and then feel quilty.
Try setting a timer by the computer. That might help you.
Fun and happy? I STINK at jokes. (was that funny?) No...oh well...
Anyways, I hate posting photos of myself as well. I'm starting to realize though, that this is how I look. Yes, I could stand to use a bit of weight, but people see me everyday and don't reel back in horror....Just put up a photo and see what kind of reaction you get. I'm guessing it will be a good one.
If my kids ever have diaries I would NEVER read them! How awful that your stepmom did that to you!!
Pretty serious post to want us to be 'fun'. I read the comments and see people care. That is so cool to me and I guess explains why we continue to blog. Support whether we ask for it or not. As for funny. I got nothing today. Maybe tomorrow though. Hope you're still blogging then because I've skimmed your blog and it's great :o)
We've already seen your extremities. Give it up for goodness sakes, your blog junkies are feeming here!!!
I didn't play today but only because I was giving the family "quality time". I usually blog in the late afternoon when the kids and I have already done our thing for the day and it is quiet time. They don't nap anymore, but I think everyone DESERVES their quiet time. Especially if you are a SAHM and the family is crawling on you 24-7.
I will follow you sporadically if you need that. Hell, I already do that. I am not the best bluddy in this cyberworld. Take my lead.
Besides, I need my curse word fix.
~R
I don't have a choice but to limit my blogging time. Mondays are so hectic at work, that I feel horrible b/c I can't check out all the Fun Monday posters...but you have to find a balance.
I don't have as many readers as some, but then - I only post a twice a week or so - and it has worked well. You'll find your balance - hang in there!
Of course, therapeutic is good. For whatever we do in life, there has to be some kind of balance. Perhaps because you are relatively new to blogging, that balance in your life is not quite right for you. However, you will figure things out so that blogging is always happy and fun for you. Take care.
It's hard to find time for everything, isn't it? WT had a good idea. Or you could set a timer on your desk and only allow so long. I have to use little tricks like that at times. Sometimes I tell myself that I am not allowed to blog/read blogs/visit my homeschool message board/fill in the blank until I have done certain things on my list.
In the evenings, I try not to blog if Danny really wants to spend time with me. If he just wants me to sit in front of the TV with him, then I don't think it matters, but I do try to watch a movie or an episode of CSI with him now and then. If the channel gets changed to sports, I'm outta there! (Or I sneak the remote and switch it to HGTV;oP)
I hope you find balance and happiness somehow:o)
And, btw, that red-headed stepchild drink looks NASTY. Mountain Dew in any form is not appealing to me.
Stewart Smalley is coming to my blog later this week. In the meantime, remember, "You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you!"
I am sure that a big reason I never kept a journal was the threat of the curious. There are too many snoops in this world. Now a dairy with a booby trap.......
for the photo thing.. i did photos of me but when i put some up they weren't a direct int he face photo.. makes it harder to see you my pretty LOL this was at first when i still wasn't 100% comfy with that idea. as for the rest.. i hope you find a balance for you
now for the wicked step mom i hd one of those and damn thats just wrong.. i'd done slaped her in the face if not literally figerativly.. thats just wrong
I kept a diary for maybe 3 months... just didn't have the motivation
now I find blogging to be entirely addictive. And, I sometimes feel drained and think I have nothing. Then the next day - I have 40 zillion thoughts about what I want to write.
Finding a happy medium is a difficult task.
Hope you find it!!!
What a horrible thing for your stepmum to do. I'd have been tempted to write something in there and leave it for her to read.
I can't believe you have been blogging only that long. I thought it had been much longer for you.
Kaytabug, in answer to your question, you're interesting, that's why.
Okay. A joke.
What's invisible and smells like carrots?
**********ready?************
Bunny farts.
xo
did that make ya laugh hard?
I keep telling my husband that blogging is MUCH cheaper than therapy. He just doesn't get it. And yes, it is addicting! You will find your balance...just takes time!
Post a Comment