Friday, August 24, 2007

Get Your Drink On!

Welcome to a very special edition. This Fridays drink is in honor of my BFF Fianna as her Birthday is coming up in the next few days. When I came across the drink titled the
Red Headed Stepchild

I knew it must have been named after her! ;) So without further ado lets get going!


Here is the photo of all that is needed today...


So it is very simple get a can of Mountain Dew Code Red and your industrial size bottle of white Rum,a Collins glass(any glass that will hold 9 oz of liquid will do...have to have room for the ice too) and a measure thingy if ya got one!
Put ice in your glass. Pour in 1 and 1/2 oz rum in the glass. Pour 6 and 1/2 oz dew into the glass...it is approx half the can...a tad more than half...feel free to measure if you are anal. Enjoy!

Now if there is anyone that hates or dislikes the taste of anything cherry,more specifically fake cherry please skip this drink. It is vile. I loath all things fake cherry that includes maraschinos too. So this is about the only thing that is getting tossed down the sink. I know, I know it's wasting precious alcohol but I am trying and I keep gaging!
It looks so good and refreshing, and for cherry lovers it will totally ROCK!

I have been trying to figure out what to feature next week...part of the reason this post is so late! I didn't do my homework early in the week like I usually do. Anyway since Next weekend is Labor Day weekend here in the states I have one that you can make by the pitcher and one pitcher serves about 4...I know for all the popular kids out there that isn't enough!
Tune in next Friday when I will show you a Missouri Jackass!

Oh! here is the other Red Headed Stepchild.....
This is why I do not have many pictures of her, I have loads like this one...most of the others are ones that look like I am choking her while getting her to face the camera for a photo! I did have a very EVIL looking one that would have been perfect, but I knew she would have said no as I would have gotten her approval before posting it! This one...naaahhh! I love you sweetie!

Note: My BFF is the biological offspring of her wonderful parents.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of a "red headed slut" before (jeagermeister w/ red bull), but never a red headed stepchild. Very interesting!

Beckie said...

the red headed stepchild looks good, but I'm with you on the fake cherry.

Robinella said...

Show us how to make a brick maker. Back in the day, I could drink all the sailors under the table. I "vaguely" remember being given this shot several or many times, whichever. Do you know how it goes?

Fianna said...

Hmmm...I have never had that Code Red thing before. I can handle cherry limeades, can't do cherry medicine.

Thoughts, bartender?

And that pic is horrible and funny! Man those glasses were sexy!

Nikki: We always called those just Jager Bombs. My friends (and not so much friends) would have way too much fun with your name for them!
I will recommend what we call simply Yummys, Vodka and Red Bull....mmmm tasty!

Debs said...

I might be able to handle this one. It looks good. :D

Emma in Canada said...

It looks very good, not sure how I would be with the fake cherry taste though. Not sure why I keep coming to read your drink posts, since I don't drink (well, rarely!) perhaps it is because they are so amusing?