
Robin at Pensieve is the hostess for this fine Monday October 1st. She gave us these orders...
Shoes tell a lot about a person and we wanna delve deeply into your
I scheduled a pedicure Saturday. Thank you Robin for giving me the excuse I needed to get my butt in and pamper my feet! I usually wear dark shades...I also wear neutrals. Well this "salon" had a slim collection of colors and very few OPI...when I saw this I knew it was the one.
It is from their Holiday on Broadway Collection, this color is called Rent. It looked like a sheer purple to me and since K-State was playing that day I thought it was perfect!
She said she could do a French manicure with the color I choose so that's what I did!
See on the left shoe...where it looks chewed on... that there's a Wildcat bite!
My puppy is a Wildcat too ya know!
I have 3 pairs of Crocs...
This is my very first pair,they have become my garden/yard work shoes.

This is my second pair and my most worn pair of shoes this summer!
Flip flops and sandals have always been favorite shoes of mine. They are the next best thing to going barefoot! 
See! I told you I have worn those Croc flip flops all summer!!!
These are my 3rd pair of Crocs...
...my brown Mary Janes!! These are cute and slender! I swear crocs are THE most comfortable shoe I have ever put on my feet.I used to think these were the most comfortable shoes...
The pair on the right are my first pair of Birkenstock's...the pair on the left I bought in Germany. They are my favorite style of Birks...I have always loved that design cut in the leather. I think they are sad they don't get to see my feet much anymore!These I just HAD to have! I first laid eyes on these cute mules in the Land's End catalog!
You read correct! Land's End!! Look what else I got through Land's End...
I heart these boots. They are so warm and cozy and keep my feet dry slushing through snow...don't get me wrong it gets wet inside eventually but it takes a long while! I love the fact that I can just slip them on to go trudge out to the mailbox ...I also love being able to NOT wear socks unless I really want too...my feet still stay nice and warm...I also have these in Black.
Here we have my newest pairs of shoes ...the brown being the newest and the other being about 3 months old...also the only other female in the house didn't want to be left out...with her cute lil kitty paws!

Here are the FAMOUS boots. These are THE boots I had on the first time my hubby laid eyes on me and mine on him for that matter!
I feel right at home with Robocop and Debs here. Please Robocop don't cry sacrilege...abomination or anything...please?!
Now these are my most cherished pair of shoes...my prized possession.

I do not wear these anymore. When I look at them I feel the pride I felt the day I went to get fitted for my first pair of toe shoes. Years of hard work and practice and I finally reached my goal. I miss ballet very very much.
Now that I am done with this post I will bet $$ I have posted the most shoes. And to think Nikki called herself a shoe whore....I am feeling like one right about now....and I still left out a bunch of my shoes! Please go to Robin's and check out everyone else's shoes...I think I am the only one that went overboard! Thanks Robin for also helping me realize that I have a shoe addiction!
************************************************************************************
OK, I had to update! 3 more pairs! I promise that is all! No more! I will not add anymore than these 3! I only wanted to add them due to sentimental reasons!
They are a half size too small now so I do not wear them anymore…I doubt I will ever get rid of them…how silly is that?!!
They grow up too fast damn it!
For those that are thinking about Crocs check out their site they have loads of new styles..cute ones too...here is my new wish list Croc...I would have gotten those over the MJ's I pictured! And I just got mine this spring!!
32 comments:
I counted...you=12, me=8 - if you include the gentlemanly caller's! Damn him for not bringing more! You beat me on the number o' shoes. Ah well. I LOVE the second set of Crocs, the flip floppy-ish ones. I really want a pair like that, but they don't sell them at Payless or Old Navy. And I have never ever seen a pair of Crocs at a thrift. They are that good, I suppose.
aw, i only posted 4 ... of course, they're way too small to fit MY feet. ;-)
Damn! That's a whole bunch of shoes. But at least most of them were sensible, not like some I've seen *cough*Tiggerlane*cough*.
I'm going to get some Crocs soon, even though I've never actually seen any.
I'm uploading photots for my post right now. I think I took pics of just as many shoes, but they are every pair I own:o) We have some similar footwear, but I have *never* in my life gotten a manicure or a pedicure. I have clipped and painted (on rare occasion painted) my own nails, though. I can't stand even walking past those nail salons. The smell makes me feel like I'm going to pass out.
Actually, I came by to thank you for calling my attention to the Banned Books Week button. I hadn't even seen it. I'm going to check it out as soon as I get done with my post.
Hootin' misplaced her FM comment...so I'm just putting a copy here so everyone can see it too!
Hootin'Anni has left a new comment on your post "Get Your Drink On!":
All the shoes are great ---even to the kitty paws. But your PRIZE POSSESSION pair is fabulous!!!!
Great views of your shoes. Do you know that I went through my shoes when I quit work and gave 27 pairs to the local women's shelter. That only caused a slight dent. So about 2 years ago I realized I would never wear anything other than flip flops and tennis shoes with my boys so I donated close to another 20 pairs to the shelter. I'd have to go count, but I think I only have 15 pairs left. It's so sad.
Ok you know I love those boots!! :) They just show ware from "love".
I now soooo want a pair of Mary Jane Crocs! Those are too darn cute!!!!
Love your shoe collection. :)
I love your new brown shows. I could have posted many, many more pairs of shoes. I have about 30! "Shoe whore" is my middle name.
I have a pair of nostalgia shoes too - but they're not as dainty or lovely as yours. Mine are purple Nike hiking boots. I wandered all over the West in those things and I love them dearly. I still have them and wear them every couple of years but my feet have really gotten too big for them (sob).
Sorry I have 25 pairs on my page today. :) But they aren't all mine so you win!
I love them all, we can be friends now. ;)
fianna~ I am sure that if you were in the 5 0 5 you would have beat me...you do have every color old navy flip flop..to name a few!
janet~ There was no minimum nor max...I just went overboard!
WT~ Crocs are the best! Can you get them down under?
jenni~ your welcome! PS I don't go to the smelly nail salons!
hootin' anni~ Thanks!
R~ Good on ya for donating your shoes!
Debs~ Thank you thank you!!
nikki~ Thank you! 30? I do not think I have 30...
sayre~ I have a pair of hiking boots that hurt my feet too as they are a 1/2 size too small. I backpacked all across Germany in them when I was 18...Darn it I should have posted those too....I feel an update coming on!!
Lisa~ No contest...I just went overboard! I overlooked the one picture of 25 shoes! Sorry!
SWEET!! We are friends now!!! You made my day!!
I have the Croc flip flops - mine are purple and I Love them!
You have a nice collection going there!
Love the ballet shoes. I took ballet as a small child, but had to stop due to money issues (parents couldn't afford to send me) so I have a special place in my heart for all things ballet. OH, and I just watched Rent (the movie)for the fourth time on Friday.
By the way, I only posted about 5 pairs of shoes, but that is only because I was feeling sick...seriously, I'm very competitive about my shoes...hahaha (I own over 75 pairs, it's an addiction).
I SO wish I could wear kitten heels - I try, and have two pairs, but I just can't manage.
And now that I know that they make Croc flip-flops (WOW! Education on Fun Monday!), I may have to try a pair.
Hmmm...I liked the OPI color until you said something about that school...the one that BEAT my school the other day. Now, not so much. You do have lots of shoes. And, if I had not picked my nose in ballet class at three, I might've made it to toe. Since you did, I know how much those shoes mean. Oh, and Crocs are the best invention ever aside from Tivo.
What a great collection of shoes. I have a pair of sage green crocs like yours- you have great taste!!
How cool to have shoes from from the 30's or 40's. Even if they are not comfortable, a great thing to have in any shoe collection. :D
You know if you go to the Crocs website they have the Official University ones, right? Cause just in case you didn't own enough, you could own them in some outlandish purple or burnt orange or in our house blue& gold (as burnt orange takes a back seat to anything blue& gold)...as the case may be.
I had no idea how much fun I'd have looking at people's shoes.
I love your grandmas shoes. I think my mom had a pair just like those.
Oh, I should really join this Fun Monday thing....I would have kicked everyone's butt in the number of shoes. Seriously, my pest control guy comments on how many pairs of shoes I have. I think I have a problem.
WTF??? I just came to check that I left a comment, and now there's even more shoes!
I love the Darth Vader shoes. Are the Land's End sandals comfortable? I would like to have a pair just like those.
I used to do ballet too. I was not especially talented, but my sister danced into her forties.
WOW, great post, I LOVE the Lands End Kittne heels, super sexy and the Pointe shoes....awesome. You have great legs and feet, thanks for sharing
OK, after some nicotine, I have decided to get over your jump boots**LOL** Anyway, they are not too bad, and can be fixed up easily.
All you would need is mineral spirits, some Fielbings shoe dye, and some decent shoe polish, they would be good to go.
BTW: My wife informed me that Crocs are in her future.
I DIDN'T COMMENT TO YOU??? I was so sure I did :/.
Yesterday's a blur....a shoe-filled, Croc-filled, boot-filled blur.
You've got a GREAT collection posted here and I share the same affection you have for Crocs :). Haven't got any flip flops yet, but I bet by next summer I won't be able to say that ;).
Love that OPI color :)--it's so shimmery! It's my pleasure to have given you an excuse for a pedi. They're just so doggone good for the sole, and the soul ;).
I ** heart ** my Birks, too. They're still my favorite even though they look pretty ratty.
Those Lands End shoes were adorable (and yes, I thought "Lands End???".
Thanks for Fun Mondaying, and again, so sorry I didn't leave this yesterday (or it was escaped or something...). GLAD I checked back!
I have the brown Mary Jane's too, but I really love the Alice style. Don't know if I'll buy them though as Crocs seem to be going out of style up here. I think I'm the only person of my friends still wearing them. And I? Must follow the crowd.
I love the black and white slips-ons. But more crocs? am I the only person in America who thinks they are uglier than Birkenstocks?
Luv the flipflops. Go K-State!
i've never really looked into Crocs, but since i'm all over the idea of "next best thing to being barefoot", i guess i ought to! :o)
Whoa, I bet you do have the most shoes posted. That is so cool you have your grandmother's shoes.
I am ordering some Birkenstocks from Germany in the next couple of weeks. I love my croc knockoffs.
OMG another Croc Fan!! I lost my mind and ordered my latest pair from Zappos.com They are the new winterized crocs!! Go....check them out on my blog! I LOVE them!!
Post a Comment