Today's Hostess is that Candid Karina. She has asked to see what we can't leave home without.I thought I'd take you into my car to for todays shot. I rarely bring my purse inside the house, otherwise I would forget to grab it on my way out. I have left the house without one or more of these items and have felt lost without them. The few times I forgot the cell phone I needed it to make a call or the hubs needed to get a hold of me.There's my ear piece so I can talk hands free.I think I have only forgotten it once and I turned my phone off once I realized I didn't have it. I am always losing or misplacing my sunglasses. Keep a pair in the car you say? They would just come in the house on top of my head.
I need lip balm, especially in the winter. My favorite ever is Burt's Bees. It is the BEST! Back in Middle school and H.S.(8 years and then 5 more of my adult life) I was a Carmex lover.When I found B.B. he became my lip balm go to guy. They even make it with a hint of luminescent color. I have Cocoa, Champagne, and Raisin. You can see an original and a shimmer one, cuz sometimes you feel like a hint of color sometimes you don't. Their home is usually in my purse. I have another shimmer in the middle console. Oh, BTW don't get B.B. in a tin, get him in the tube. He is much more nourishing to your lips in the tube. Don't go for B.B. honey either.My iPod is a must and it stays in the car except when it's almost dead, then I bring it in to charge. I need a car charger for it. You can see CD's on the floor in case of emergency i.e. dead iPod or forgetting it inside.
I am not whole nor human until I drink at least ONE cup of coffee in the morning. If I have to leave the house without having the luxury to sip a cup-o-Joe, I take him with me in my K-state travel mug.
I would literally go no where without the keys.
I'd be in a world of hurt without the wallet, which was on the table...NOT where it is supposed to be. I would have left today without it and been up shit creek.Don't forget to go to Karina's for the list of todays participants.
30 comments:
your car is impressively clean! happy monday!
that phone looks just like mine. Except mine went through the soak cyle. wanna trade.
yeah ... clean car. cluttered mind? (:
For years I used wallets just like yours, though not hemp, but the same type of wallet in nylon (which is why I stopped using them, they used to zap my atm cards).
Oh ya, I remember Carmex, do they still make it?
Mine's posted...
Have a great MOANday.
My Ipod looks exactly the same! Black plastic cover off Ebay? Cuz you hate the white that screams I have an Ipod?
I heart Burt's Bees. And also have for many years.
Good essentials to have on the way out the door. Do you like your ear piece for the cell phone? I've never tried one.
Happy Monday!
Burt's Bee's kicks ass! I love their Almond Milk hand creme. Perfect for the office dry-hand-itchies.
(and yes, that is the technical term for it.)
Love Burt's Bees!(I have the same iPod!)
Lisa
janet~ why thank you! You must have caught me on an off day,it is never that tidy.
pamela~ soak cycle? Does it still work? I must be fooling everybody. My hubs will get a good laugh today...my car is a mess and its filthy and he says it stinks like stale french fries. My car is usually cluttered, so does that give me an organized mind?
WT~ so sorry to hear a wallet zapped your atm cards. That had to SUCK. So far no zapping.
hootin' anni~ I think they do.
fianna~ No cover, mines true black. I choose black due to not wanting the white that screams! Burt is my main man!
jodi~ Yes, I love my ear piece! Yes I look like a crazy woman walking around Walmart but I love it!It is NOT bulky and oh so light...I forget it's there. I won't use my phone in the car without it!
nikki~ He does kick ass! Next to the lip balm I love love the baby bee line! And the foot line too!
lisa (food snob)~ Great minds think alike!
Burt's Bees! My daughters swear by it. I personally like the Buttermilk bath that they have, I just wish they would put it in a bigger container and one that wasn't glass for shipping. A big giant bag would be nice. Ha ha
I too leave non-electronic stuff in the car (purse, book, etc) but wouldn't sleep if I left my mp3 in the car cuz we get COLD temps and it would die a permanent death I fear. :) It's neat seeing how alike some of us. I too leave it in the car because otherwise I would forget. :)
Oh, I have wondered if that bee stuff was good and worth the price, now I know and will try it. :)
I love Burt too. It was in my jacket pocket from the frigid 65 degree weather we're having. :-)
You are much braver, and more organized, than I am. Pictures of my car? Never happening! Great post.
After reading all the Fun Mondayers so far, I may be the only blogger neglecting her lips. Must. Get. Balm.
Burt's Bees Rocks!!! When nothing else helped my poor lips, he came to the rescue. :D
You seem well organised love the coffee cup. But don't you worry about leaving things in your car. I would be too scared it would entice someone to break in!
You sound as displaced as me. I am forever screaming "WHERE, for the love of God are my sunglasses!!" And, Pup says, "On your head." A fellow disorganized person! Thank you for that K!
My purse lives in my car when it's in the garage, but ever since my car was broken into and it was stolen, I'm a slave to it :/. I HATE THAT!
We have a lot in common--I'm a sunglasses loser, have to have some form of lip balm (I don't have a fave), and if I chat in the car, it's hands free.
Yep...I'm totally relatin' :).
junebug~ I swear by it too. I hear ya on the buttermilk bath!
lisa's chaos~ B.B. is so worth the cost!! Make sure you get it in the tube...
R~ Is 65 your high or your low? as I type it is 63 at 2:15pm...tomorrow it is supposed to be a high of 75 but a low of 47..not bad! But I saw frost on the lawn this AM...
Sandy~ I swear my car is not organized nor clean... I did move an empty bottle that was in the shot before I took the picture...
tiggerlane~ You MUST get B.B. lip balm!
Debs~ Rock on!!!
chrisb~ Why thank you very much but I am the most disorganized organized person around. I am worried. I should clarify that I only leave it in the car when the car is in my garage, or in front of the kids' schools...otherwise it comes in with me...sometimes. I try to remember to put the ipod out of view when parked in public...When I lived in NYC I never left anything in my car...I now live in small town USA and I know car break ins happen here too, it happened to me twice as a teenager...but I still feel I was targeted by someone that knew me. Anyway...I don't carry pictures anymore in my purse or wallet due to that.
AFF~ Your welcome! I am displaced and disorganized! I've been known to take my sunglasses off the top of my head when I go to bed!
Robin~ I was a slave for a while to mine too after my car was broken into at 18/19. I got over it. I try not to keep much value in it, no pictures... I do take it out when I am shopping but I feel safe at the kids' schools and in my garage. I know how violating it feels to have ones purse stolen even if it is just out of your car. It really will get better. Somewhere today I said I have 3 pairs of sunglasses 1 out of 3 is MIA. 2 I have bought in the last 4 months...I'm glad I am not the only sunglass looser!!
Thanks for the tips on the B.B. i am always on the look out for a new lip treatment. mine are sooo dry nd i lick them, ye si know bad habit.
It's 5:18 amd we are down to 58. 65 was the hi today.
i like the car-view approach. nice post! :)
I've heard a lot about this Burt's Bee line and have even seen it in the stores but always walk by it. I might just have to give it a whirl one of these days.
When I chose this topic I expected a whole lot of "my cell phone, my camera, my keys"...but boy, I had no idea so many of us were lip balm addicts! ;-)
Clean car my butt!!! Love ya dear!!
Great collection of "stuff" that you need to take with you. I've seen a lot of people with lip balm, and in particular Burt's Bees. Not sure if we have them up in Canada....mind you I don't usually by any..
I have the Burt's Bees in a couple of colors too. I even think raisin is one of them. I do love them a lot. And I agree with you about the tube.
Happy Fun Monday!
I had no idea that body style came in black! Although I bought mine in Midland, TX, so I should be happy they even had these new contraptions called Ipods.
The latest model of Ipod is crazy! Nearly a credit card. The Apple store is a frightening place to visit. I never knew how much I loved technology until all these beautiful white computers surrounded me.
I am also addicted to BurtsBees stuff, altho I still carry carmex for my boys...
My purse stays in my car, I never bring it in either.
Thnx for stopping by the Res and reading my haunted story.
Post a Comment