He is a mirror image of me but not in looks, in how we behave. Which causes me to clash with him. We butt heads a lot. He annoys me and pisses me off....all because I see so much of me in him. I just hope he turns out to be better than me. Better at everything. I bet that is what my Mom hoped for me. I hope that he learns from my mistakes, takes the things he dislikes about me or what I have done and tries to do better/be different/to change. At the very least that is what I hope for.
I really wanted to include pictures but it was such a busy day that I was not able to scan any. I will add them Wed.In August I watched a Post Secret clip that had a secret that nearly had me on the floor in the fetal position, I was sobbing so terribly....it was written on a balloon I think it was "It's a boy" ...On it was written " When we decided to keep you your life wasn't the only one saved." It still brings me to tears.Choosing to keep him when I didn't want a baby ended up
saving me. I struggled with the decision before I chose to keep him and after I chose I thought I was fine. Realizing that my first instinct to not keep the baby was what I really wanted and what I should have done; that I wasn't ready to have a baby hit me about 4 months after he was born...I worked through it, I couldn't change my mind then...couldn't give him back or go back in time...It was tough but somehow I made it through.
It wasn't' until maybe a couple of years back that I was hit with the realization that having him saved my life. Before I became pregnant I was headed down a road I know now I would have never survived.
I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, I felt that way 10 years and 8 months ago even though I didn't know why, I feel even more strongly today that everything that happens is meant to be for one reason or another. We may never know why at the time, only to find out later or we may never ever know why . I am content in just believing.
Happy Birthday Big Guy, Mommy Loves you.
(Date and time of Post reflect the date and time of birth)
************************************************************************************
This was the first picture taken of my baby...we had just gotten home from the hospital, he was only a day and a half old!
Here he is almost 3 months old..it was the first big smile I got on film...then he goes back to serious...but look at those eyes!
Here is one of the many First Birthday photos I took...It is my favorite.
7 comments:
Now you have me in tears. Absolutely beautiful. He was such a gorgeous baby and is growing into such a handsome big guy! I hope he had a wonderful day!!!
Beautiful post. I can't wait to see pics. :) Happy Birthday to you little man.
I have something for you at my blog. :)
A Happy Birthday with a happy ending!
Wow, what a powerful post.
Happy Birthday first born son!
Happy Birthday! 10 years old, wow. I'm still in shock that mine is three. I think I need a tissue after reading your post. I hope the cake is awesome! (Because the best part of birthdays is the cake.)
Oh K, that was a wonderful tribute to your little man AND yourself. I'm glad you found your reasons.
That was an emotional post. Happy 10th Birthday to your son. He was a gorgeous baby, so I can see why you say he has the girls looking at him.
Post a Comment