Here is the view out by back door. Yes that big lug is Luke and he's the one that knocked in the window of my screen door...the glass is fine but he broke a small part that you cant get so we will wait until we can afford a new window insert. I've said it before his good looks are what saves his ass.
Go out that door and go right and you might see this... you can see the street in this one...it looks like a sidewalk to me in this pic...
You could also see this...
Now if you pivot left like half a turn you could see this...
That is a fire pit at the bottom of the photo...the next photo is the same but clearer but no fire pit...I was indecisive ok?!
I wanted to take some photos out front so I went out there this AM...come sit with me on my front porch.
Sshhh dont move. What's that? On my Mexican Sage Bush?
It's a hummingbird!

Thank you beautiful girl for posing and letting me take photos of you!
"The road to nowhere leads to me."Go visit Pamela to check out everyone else's October View's.
34 comments:
Absolutely beautiful pictures. I will be there for coffee tomorrow morning...just kidding, but what a lovely vista to look at. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, it looks so peaceful and pretty where you live! I would love to have coffee with you too.
Wow, you got the most amazing shots of that hummingbird! I'm impressed!
Beautiful place you have there for quiet coffee mornings!
I love the hummingbird pictures. When we move to our new house, the first thing I put up in the spring is a hummingbird feeder.
(Fire pit?!?! I'm coming over with marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers!)
you know how to snag me. the hummer was a delightful addition.
And the DOG!!!!... oh my, he is even posing. Does he know how to schmooze or what.
Lovely place - and I'm bringing my bird book when I book my B&B visit.
Love the hummingbird. Great time to capture that picture! I think Luke posed for that. He's adorable.
ok so i was hooked with the first photo of your dog, so coffee, white 2 sweetners 9am tomorrow please
Wow, I could sit on my front porch for a year and never see a hummingbird. Last week I saw a bat, but no hummingbirds. Very cool!
What a lovely big garden you have and Luke is pretty gorgeous too.
I dont know the name of your pink and purple plants but we have them on the side of the house.. I call them butterfly plants since the butterflies flock to them! BEAUTIFUL!
myanderings~ Why thank you! You are welcome to join me for coffee!
SS~ Come on over! It's not so peaceful with do young ones still home!
karina~ Thank you! Thank you, I might get a quiet moment here and there.
nikki~ This was the first spring I put up a feeder. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my lil visitors. That bird was my Grandma's favorite...I now see why.
Bring on the SMORES!!!
Sweet Pamela~ I think all Luke knows how to do is be a cute destroyer!
Make sure you let me know when you are coming!
AFF~ Thanks!
her indoors~You got it girl! Coming right up!
beckie~ I'll keep my hummers thank you very kindly...no bats please...but a neighbor said we have those too! eek!
beccy~ Thank ya, Thank ya!HE is AWESOME with the kids too!
deb~ My purple flowered plant is a Mexican Sage Bush... the flowers of it look very similar to the flowers of a Butterfly bush...the pink flowers of mine are Snapdragons. I want to plant a Butterfly bush or 2 or 3 or.....
thanks for the great tour! i particularly love the last two photos! nice job!
What a nice hummer surprise!!! I have a Russian Sage that looks similar.
Great job getting the hummer! Very pretty bush you got there. Hey wait, that sounds terrible. The "hummingbird is beautiful" and the "sage plant is beautirific". That sounds better.
How could you resist a sweet face like that puppy's?? Amazing what we put up with from our dogs isn't it?
And that hummingbird...wow!
Your home looks very serene for a liberal tree-hugging, peace-loving mom. The hummingbird pictures are fantastic.
I'm not coming to visit...I'm moving in.
My dog wants to play with your dog.
That's a great backyard. Big and private with lots of trees in view. Even better, they're on the other side of the fence so you can enjoy them without being responsible for them.
I see you already have your B&B up and running. Admittedly it's only two igloos so far, but its a start.
Can I move into the tent, please? Pretty please?
alison~ Your Welcome...I could have been a lil more thorough...
Thank you!! I think the last 2 are my faves too!
karmyn r~ A week or so ago I just planted a Meadow Sage and a Little Spire Perovskia Russian Sage. The flowers on my Mexican sage are soft and velvety like pussy willow.
R~ LOL Girl, you crack me up! Did you just see what I did?
susan~ Yea it is amazing what I put up with from him...I just cant resist his cuteness!
mjd~ Why Thank you very much. You make it sound as though you are surprised that my home looks serene...were you thinking it would be more chaotic or bustling? ;)
min~ He does need a playmate...
WT~ I wish I lived at the place you described!I hate to crush you but our yard is not private... see we live on a hill so the neighbors to the southeast are above us so they can see down into our yard... The houses are rather close... I will take a picture once the leaves are gone...it is crazy the homes behind us that appear once the leaves disappear. Oh and there is a 3rd igloo! I am set!
fianna~ You my dear can have the toy room! It is even picked up!
Love the hummingbird pics. The doggy pic is cute also!
Nice hummer.
Oh, I miss my hummingbirds. They finally headed south.
I think we all will be at your place tomorrow.
Put on the coffee and build the fire.
oooh, Mexican Sage! And the hummingbird in silhouette is stunning!
I really like your Mexican Sage bush! Thank you for identifying it. We have shrimp plant that the hummers really love. We've had quite a few this year!
Is the tent scene (with and without fire pit) in your back yard?
I just love those hummingbird shots. I don't think I have ever seen one before.
What a nice surpise to see that hummingbird. :) they are so sweet.
The sage is so pretty! I so want to get so plantings around our yard so we can enjoy the birds and butterflies.
You have a lovely place. Thanks for sharing.
Hummingbirds!!! That is so great you managed to get so many shots of that guys :) Nice yard! Looks like a fun place to camp!
Wow.. I love your blog layout too! Beautiful photos!!!
Thanks for sharing.
p.s. The pies were delish!!! and gone now... :(
Cool hummingbird photos! You must have a good camera to get those wings in mid-flap.
As for Luke, his looks and cute face would make me forgive just about anything - he's the kind of dog I love.
Awww! Cute puppy! I love the picture of the sun coming through the leaves on the tree and I love your Mexican sage bush and hummingbird.
What cool shots of the hummingbird!
I just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway I'm hosting at my site. It's for all-natural bath and body products made in Texas. Come check it out - and help spread the word! I will continue to hold more giveaways over the next few weeks as well!
Thanks!
I tried to leave a comment yesterday but no luck and also not all the photos came up, so I'm back today.
I wanted to say you have a lovely yard (garden). I'll join you for coffee anytime and enjoy making friends with your cute dog while enjoying views.
Post a Comment