This is the building we stayed in.

Here is a peak at the room we were in.
My mom and I shared that room but in the next room there was a loft that could sleep 2. There was a woman up there. We had a shower room in our room, the loft mate had a shower room and we all shared a throne room. So what was called one room was 2 semi private rooms that could sleep 6 people total. There was a great room/common area with a fireplace,tables and chairs, couches, and lounge chairs. We could chat,read a book or play games. Sat night I played a game I had never played called Apples to Apples. It is a FUN game! I suggest getting it! I even won! Beginners luck right?!
The camp was over Sunday noon. The camp was located near a city I used to live, where I had my first son. My Mom and I went on a walk down memory lane at a very special-to-me place. That will be a post for another day.

Then we went to my favorite cafe. I was a regular at this cafe when I was pregnant and for at least the first year and a half afterwards. Even after moving away I managed to go at LEAST once a year. I kept the owner,who worked the cash register, up to date with our whereabouts,showing recent pictures I had on me. I talked with her as we were leaving. She was asking where we had been, where we are now and come to find out her daughter lives in the same city as me! She said she is a Realtor there and I said maybe she sold us our home. She told us what reality co. she works for and then her name and I said OMG we BOUGHT her HOME! Her and I flipped out for a bit, she couldn't wait to call her daughter to tell her. Talk about a small world. Screw 6 degrees of separation. It's got nothing on me!
8 comments:
All the pretty trees and fall color reminds me of Rock Springs, but I bet that isn't it. Sheesh! You could give some more clues. Did you only live in that one place you said you were from or have you lived other places in Kansas? I love guessing games:o)
Apples to Apples kicks ass!!!
I knew you would love the camp!! I have never played Apples to Apples.
It's truly amazing what a small world we live in even though it seems so large.
jenni~ I have lived in 3 cities in Kansas.
nikki~It does kicks ass! We had 6 players and I got 11 green apples!! Now I kicked ass!!
fianna~ I was the youngest there.
singing "It's a small world after all..."
Sounds like you and your mom had a great trip!
It is a small world. I was visiting Long Island, NY once and went on a winery tour. A guy working there had lived in the basement apartment of a lady I worked with in Snellville, Georgia when he graduated from college several years prior. I love "small world" stories!
I still want an explanation of what Apples to Apples is before we buy it!!!
That small world story has the sweatshirt story beat by a mile!!!
Love ya!!
we play Apples to Apples.
Were there no curtains on those windows.
You went to a retreat with your mom. How wonderful is that!!!!
The last time just me and my mom were on the road together, I was pregnant with my first son and we were driving to NC. Well, you know how it goes when you are talking, and I was very prego and had to pee really bad. We ended up back in VA!! Looong trip. haha
Post a Comment