Friday, September 28, 2007

Get Your Drink On!

I am going to be lame this Friday. Lame and Lazy! Today's Drink is called Bailey's White Russian.
See why I am lame and lazy? Like Nikki said the last time I used Baileys in a drink..."How about just drinking the Bailey's straight from the bottle?" Yes, I do that occasionally...anyone else can feel free to just have some Bailey's straight from the bottle...skip making a mixed drink and just drink it straight! Sometimes one just needs a stiff drink! I really wanted to post a bottle of wine today and tell ya'll just to go out and buy your favorite bottle of wine and get your drink on that way. Then I thought I'd be letting everyone down if I didn't show a mixed drink.
Here is a look at what you need today...

-2oz Bailey's Irish Cream
-2oz Vodka
-3-4oz Milk

Combine ingredients in a rocks glass half-filled with ice cubes. I used an Old-Fashioned glass... which I think is the same as a rocks glass...you can use whatever you want...your coffee mug your kiddos Diego or Backyardigans cup...just make sure you don't leave it siting around they will think you poured them a glass of milk with ice in it!! This is so yummy they would drink it all up so maybe using their cups for getting your drink on is not a good idea. Scratch all of that okay? Okay!Now...I have a confession to make...I wrote this post before making the drink...what you are looking at in that glass is chocolate milk....no I kid! It is actually 2 oz Baileys,2oz vodka, and ONE oz of milk...I think I need a bigger glass! Upon tasting the 4 to 1 ratio you defiantly need a bigger glass and MORE milk! This is STRONG! I also suggest using at least 2% or whole milk or even half and half! 1% and skim doesn't make this creamy enough... it waters it down..as that is all 1% and skim is...watered down milk!
Have a great weekend ya'll and don't forget to be responsible... Don't drink and Drive!!

12 comments:

Robocop said...

Nice drink! Hey, do you know how to make "Red Death"?

Kaytabug said...

ummm Do you want the recipe? Do you want me to use it in one of my drink posts? Were you just testing my knowledge? Out of the 7 ingredients needed to make Red Death I only have 3...

Davoh said...

um, hello Lady K. Arrived here via comments at Willowtree (who really does have some strange commenters. God bless th' internet .. heh. (am a simple bloke .. Bundy 'n' Coke suits me .. but not everyone else, perhaps).

Fianna said...

Hmmm...I prefer Bailey's straight out of the bottle!! And if the kids are being difficult, you might just place it in their cups. Wait that's wrong. Just give them Benadryl.

Wait. No, not that. Ummm whatever...I gotta start drinking...

Robocop said...

Red Death holds a sentimental place in my life. It was my last drink as a cop. So either way, you can make is a drink of the week, or post it here.

Jenni said...

Now, this is one I've had and it is quite tasty. Using half and half instead of milk sounds divine. Heavy cream sounds even better.

I have to go google Bundy now. I can only think of Ted or Al and neither is pretty.

Robinella said...

Stop making me want to drink! What are you? Some kind of enabler? And why do all WTs friends have beards? Oh, except you, me and Jenni, of course. :-0

Casdok said...

Sounds wonderful! Will definetly give it ago!

Beckie said...

It looks really good - like maybe I should have one right now....

Debs said...

Milk makes me sick sometimes, so drinking Bailey's out of the bottle, would be way cool!

Davoh said...

um, sorry Jenni, am an Australian .. looks like english, sometimes sounds like english .. but doesn't always adequately translate across the equator. As it's such a big, vast, open country we have a tendency to "make things smaller", use diminutives. "barbie" = barbeque. "Bundy" is short for Bundaberg rum. Owned a sailing boat for many years (but only local travel), so have tried all the rums on offer, but still come back to Bundy .. heh.

[word verification "loxktvdw" - try typing that when yr pssd .. heh]

Hootin Anni said...

All the shoes are great ---even to the kitty paws. But your PRIZE POSSESSION pair is fabulous!!!!