Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Book Swap

Some of you might not know that my family and I went on a small road trip last week. We left Thursday the 14th and returned home Monday night(the 17th). We went to KS...that is where my family lives. We had a great time. We went to Manhattan on Sat. which happened to be a home game! It was great seeing all that purple pride!!! We didn't attend the game...but we listened to it on the radio on the car ride back to G-ma's! Sunday was a trip to the Zoo! A great time was had by all! I will have a few zoo pictures for another post! Oh what the hay! Here is the Lone picture from our Wildcat day in Manhattan!It is not as clear as I would like. It was an overcast day and I took this from inside the drivers side of my car...yes the light had just turned green. No traffic was held up in the taking of this photo!
We get home Monday night 8-ish PM. We unload the car and start getting all 3 ready for bed...I check the mailbox and what is in there but a padded envelope with what feels like 2 books inside...I am thrown a bit as I was expecting a pkg from a different state than the one on the return address. For some strange reason I thought the person I was sending to was sending to me! How very silly of me!! :) It was a nice surprise to come home to that evening and have 2 new books and a nice lil card!
Julie at Abbilyeverafter said: " These are the last 2 books I read- one is total fluff and the other is so not. Personally I enjoyed the fluff better but I thought I would send you one of each. I hope you have not read either one and enjoy them. I'm also a big believer in passing books on so I hope you don't mind the "used" copies :) Enjoy reading!"

I have never heard of these 2 books. After reading the lil blurbs on the back of each book they both sound like they will be good. My problem is going to be finding the time to read them!! I am still trying to re-read Harry Potter 6 before I get to Harry Potter 7....I may prolong the end a bit longer and read these...no...yes...no...yes..NO. I will try to read HP 6 and one of these...I have never done that before. I can't read 2 different fiction books at the same time. I CAN read a Fiction and any number of Non-fictions but never 2 fictions...but I will try!!! If you will be looking for my book review of these... leave me a comment or email me and I will email you when I have posted said review... say sometime ooohhh next year!
Thanks Julie for the great books and the sweet card!!! I try to buy used whenever possible. Reuse...part of the 3 R's!! A HUGE Thank You to Emma for hosting this lovely Book Swap!!! Emma has the list of participants on her side bar so go check her out. She will be updating the side bar as we post the books we have received!! How much fun is this? I bet you wish you had signed up!!!

14 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i've seen some reviews around the blogosphere of Middlesex, but i haven't heard of the other one. they both look good. enjoy! (and enjoy the HPs too!)

Anonymous said...

Middlesex, is that a book about hermaphrodites?

Emma in Canada said...

I hear that middlesex is very good.

I've not read that Jane Green, but I have read quite a few of hers and I do enjoy her. However, not a book to read around medical students, they tend to make fun of stuff like that!

Thanks for doing the swap!

Anonymous said...

Middlesex is, as WT pointed out, about hermaphrodites. We recently read it for my mom's group book club. It is a great book, but requires a little concentration! I wouldn't try reading it while reading anything else.

Definitely finish your Potter books! And in order! I had a little marathon after book seven and read them all in order. I LOVE those books! And the story ends so well!

Then read Middlesex. I'll be looking for a book report!!!

Robinella said...

I saw that post about the book swap and almost tried it. But no time on the homefront with schoolin and all for ME right now. Maybe later.

Anonymous said...

Middle Sex is good and yes WT, it is about a hermaphrodite. It does take some brain power to read.

Kaytabug said...

WT you are one BIG smart arse!!!

Emma why are you thanking me for doing the swap? It was my pleasure!!! Thank you for hosting it! It has been fun! I haven't read or heard anything of Jane Green.

blue momma...Thanks for the heads up about not reading it while reading anything else. I am such a slow reader and I am really bad at making time for me to read...IT will be forever before I get to these and that upsets me! I will still let you know when I am done reading them!

R~ I have a book for you...some day when you have time!!

Nikki: Brain power? OH shit! I don't have any of that!!!

Julie said...

I'm glad you haven't read either of them! It was really hard to send books to you - not knowing what you have or have not read. Enjoy them - whenever you get to them.

Beccy said...

I loved Middlesex, it was the first book I recommended for my book club and I was pretty nervous but it went down pretty well.

I'd finish the Harry Potter books before getting in to these!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read either book either - but have heard of Middlesex. Let us know if it is good!!!

Debs said...

OH man I should have done this. I know I need to read more to help me brain from turning to mush.

BTW I have something for you at my blog. :)

Robinella said...

I just had to pop in really quick to let you know I got here by way of Ree's blog. Your pic with your bff just popped up on her sidebar of readers.

Anyhoo, back to the harlequin.

Anonymous said...

No shit! I can't believe that's what it's about! I'm going to look it up now, not that I don't believe you guys.

Natalie Rush said...

I love Jane Green. She's a fun read.
This was a fun swap. Still waiting for my book to arrive.

Harry Potter should definitely be finished before you start another one. :)