Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Junk from the Trunk

My 3yr old uses "hate" in a lot of his sentences. I know I do not use that word...I just realized where he did get it...his oldest brother tells him that he hates him whenever he plays/breaks his toys or draws on his walls... Hate is not a family value of ours...I am trying to teach him and the other 2 that there are other ways of expressing their feelings by using words other than that... yet I still feel bad the word is even in their vocabulary... But it is still OK to hate Bush right?

This needs to be a button I wear before consuming my coffee!

Oh yea Baby!! Happy Hump Day folks!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the last one. I too have issues with the word hate in my kids vocabulary. Same as stupid and toy guns or toys pretending to be guns. Totally not allowed in my book. Hmmmm, maybe that's why my step son thinks I'm evil.

Kaytabug said...

Nikki~ Yeah stupid I keep trying to get rid of that one too...I gave up on toy guns when my oldest was 3 and made one out of his mega blocks...I still wont buy them...except Star Wars blasters and water guns!

Julie said...

Isn't it fun what younger kids learn from their siblings. My almost 2 year old now calls out "booorrrinnggg" anytime we're in the care for more than 10 minutes. I can thank her almost 6 year old sister for teaching her that.

Anonymous said...

*snort*

oh yeah still ok to hate bush

love the bottons.. i need to get some of these;)

Debs said...

It is ok to say you hate Bush. *giggle*

I don't like the word hate, stupid, or shut up. There are so many nicer words in our vocabulary.

I will admit I do say "hate" when referring to pedophiles and (shhh don't tell Robocop)....Bush.

Emma in Canada said...

Haha..I love that last one. I think it's okay to hate Bush. Actually, I think it should be a requirement.

Fianna said...

Yes.

Send me one too.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Oh, Yes.

Pamela said...

hate is usually more destructive to the person doing it -- than the one it is directed towards. experience speaking.

I have a coffee button that says:

drink coffee. Do more stupid things faster with more energy.

Anonymous said...

These are the highlight of my MORNING. 4:00 a.m. YOWZEE!
If I had been drinking coffee, it would have exited my nose when I read the last one.
I agree with your take on "hate."

Jenni said...

I'm snaggin' that top button. I think I'll print it up large and hang it for everyone to see.