Monday, September 17, 2007

Fun Monday Artsy Fartsy

Today's Fun Monday is being hosted by Sayre who asked us to:
Brush off your interview skills. Talk to everyone who lives in your house. I want to know what their, and your, favorite piece of art is in your home. Photographs do not count. If there was a fire in your home, everyone would grab photographs, but what is the non-photographic piece of art you would grab on your way out - and why? (Edit: These don't have to be paintings - these can be wall hangings, statues, lumps of clay by your child, anything that is artistic expression of some kind EXCEPT photographs.)

I talked to my hubby and there was nothing he would feel compelled to grab. Since that went so well I just skipped asking the other 3 lil men in my house, I figured I would get the same answer.

All of my photo albums would be first for sure but since this is all hypothetical... if all of my loved ones are safe along with my hubby, kids, and pets...if I was still able to go back in for more I would grab my cedar chest full of saved works of art from my boys...sorry no photo...along with the stack of artwork of theirs on top of my dresser that I have been wanting to frame..again no photo...(my camera battery died)


Then it would be this beautiful piece that my firstborn made for me when he was in 1st grade!



After that it would be these 2 works of art that I bought in Germany the first time I was there.

There is a third print I bought and framed but it was broken during our most recent move and I have not yet taken it to be repaired. It is probably my favorite of the 3...No all 3 are my favorites! I love them all equally!

Just a small note...The Fam' and I have been wandering around doing a bit of traveling... everyone has been having a great time...we mosey on back home Monday so I will be doing a bit of catching up this week even though it may take me all week to get it done...I have been really looking fwd to seeing everyone's favorite work/s of art! So go check out Sayre's place for the list of all the artsy participants!!

16 comments:

Pamela said...

I love that pot.

I have a little vase with paper glued all over it that has been on my dresser for 30 years.

my4kids said...

The pot is cute!
I love the prints they're great.

Hootin Anni said...

Everything you mentioned, the cedar chest, the painted pot, the framed artwork ---all terrific choices. And I'm glad you shared their story.

Enjoy your 'vacation' time!!

Anonymous said...

OH, I have a little "pot" that has popsicle sticks glued all around it. Don't you just love those treasures from the kiddos?
I was, of course, distracted by the recipe that follows this post. Am headed back to write it down.

Anonymous said...

I have a pot like that too. Aaron made one for me for my first Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

They all are great choices to grab, as you said after you know your family is safe.

Debs said...

What a great pot! :)

Anonymous said...

I have a similar pot that I received this past May from my 3 yr old daughter. It will be around for a while!

Anonymous said...

Those are great, and I have some works of art the kids did in cardboard portfolios that I would also grab. Great list. Hope you had a great trip.

Tiggerlane said...

Kid art is priceless...but I LOVE the German art pieces. I would be torn, if I could only choose one thing.

Fianna said...

Love the German art pics!

I miss you!! I am online whenever I am home!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until mine's old enough to make me a priceless piece of art! Beautiful pics from Germany, too.

Anonymous said...

My children's school projects are my favorite pieces of "art" in our home. If our house caught on fire, I'd been in trouble; their pieces are all over the place, and most of the frameables have yet to have been framed :/.

Playing "blog catch-up" is near abouts impossible! Good luck! :)

Sauntering Soul said...

That pot is awesome!

Hope you are enjoying your vacation. Where did y'all go?

Anonymous said...

That flowerpot is just adorable! What a treasure. :)

alisonwonderland said...

cute little pot! :o)