Monday, November 12, 2007

Fun Monday May I?

Hootin' Anni is this Fun Mondays hostess. She wanted to play a game of Mother May I. She asked us to start at our computer and take 30 ginormous steps in any direction and take a picture of what we see. Then take 15 baby steps back and take another picture.

Mother may I?

My CPU is in my living room. I couldn't take 30 HUGE steps and remain on my main floor unless I had walked around my couch a few times. Darn it! I just thought about that option right now! So, I swiveled in my chair and began my journey around my couch, down the stairs, around the corner and ended up here...This is the boys play room/toy room/disaster area. The door leads to a closet.
If you pivot left you will face the chalkboard wall, turn left again and you will see the reading corner and then the bookshelf and another toy bin like the one you see above. Keep on pivoting left and you will see the door I came in.
If you were pivoting with me and pivioted left a little more you would see this...You see some of this in my first photo. The hand prints on the walls are my boys. Blue is my youngest, Red the middle, and Green is the oldest.

So I turned to go back out the door to take my 15 small steps back the way I came...take a right out of the door, a right around the corner, one more right I was at 15 and at the bottom of the stairs that lead back up to my CPU.Luke is always at the top looking down at me,click it to see all his cuteness!

26 comments:

Jill said...

do you have a "painted" chalkboard wall, or a board hung on the wall. i know you can paint with something so that either its magnetic or chalkboard (not sure if its both together) and i just wondered if anyone else had done that. i like to file information away for the future. thanks! please email me meeces.pieces at gmail dot com

Hootin Anni said...

Absolutely LOVE the handprints on the wall!! What a great idea...and it just fits so well with it being the playroom!!!!

Beccy said...

I love the handprints too, such a fab idea.

Anonymous said...

The hand prints are great. Our playroom? Nothing on the walls. You all are making my lack of decorating skills very apparent today!

kitten said...

Love the play room! I need some decorating tips for our class room.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the handprints on the walls...what a great way to decorate and remember their smallness!

Sauntering Soul said...

Awwww, I love the handprints too! I wish my brothers and I had a room like this growing up.

Tiggerlane said...

Luke is just TOO cute! I may have to trade you my Poo Woo for him, just for a week.

laurie said...

Luke is like Boscoe--"i'll wait here at the top of the stairs!"

great playroom i would have liked that when i was a kid.

Anonymous said...

Luke is definitely cute. And I love the idea of those handprints on the wall like that. If my kids were smaller I would so borrow that idea!

Anonymous said...

What a cute bedroom!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a great idea with the handprints!! I love it! Hmm. Note to self: paint media room in kid prints.

Bren said...

I am SO stealing the handprints on the wall idea!!

MaR said...

The handprints on the wall are beautiful!!! and Luke is very cute :)
What a Fun Monday, this is my first time!

Unknown said...

My kids had their handprints on the wall when they were small too. :) I also had them press their handprints along the bottom of their valances.

Cute room! Love the ABC's too!

Anonymous said...

Your boys have their own playroom!? That's brilliant! All I ever got was a dog bone to play with, and even then I had to fight the dog for it.

I like the handprint idea, looks good.

Anonymous said...

Great play room. Looks like a fine start to a ... school room. hardy har har.

the planet of janet said...

the handprints are great! i love the idea of the different colors for each kid

Sayre said...

The handprints are lovely... I like how you know whose prints are who's.

Anonymous said...

Awww...he is really cute, and I like his name. I had a play room for the kids and started painting it like the inside of a castle. One wall had a draw bridge. I painted a rectangle to be the draw bridge, using chalkboard paint. (Get it--Draw Bridge). The closet in the room was a walk in and made the room L-shaped. The closet was called the dungeon and was sponge painted in greys and black. The kids helped. It was fun. I love that you have their hand prints on the wall. A nice play room for them to enjoy.

bichonpawz said...

What a great kids' room!! The handprints is a really neat idea!!

-Ann said...

Nice playroom. And Luke certainly is cute.

Robin said...

How adorable - what wonderful decor for the playroom. Can you do that at my house? :)

Thanks for sharing

Robin of mytwoblessings

Anonymous said...

I couldn't count to 30, so I didn't follow the rules.
What's new?
Hey, don't forget about the House Warming Party for JulieBug and Tig this Friday at my place.
Be sure to invite all your readers to join us. I'll be adding to the guest list all week.

Pamela said...

oh I clicked it and he is so cute. He was playing to the camera, just as if he knew you were going to capture him. dogs are tooo smart.

handprints. I find that grown men do that too.

Emma in Canada said...

I love the handprints...we did that at our park.