Today's Fun Monday Hostess is Blue Momma and she asked to see our unfinished projects. My life is one big unfinished project, especially with 3 boys age 10, 4 and 3! I was having trouble with this one all they way up til this morning. I don't sew, cross stitch, crochet, scrapbook, make crafts, NOTHING! I do cook but an unfinished cooking project sounds like it would be gross. I went a tad overboard this morning. Plenty of photos as was Blue Mommas request. Let's get started shall we?!We moved in our house a year and 3 months ago. My family's photos are still not up on my walls... 7 frames in the first photo and 10 frames in the 2nd photo.


I bought these in July. I am saying this is my hubbys project as he is the computer geek. I have left them on top of his CPU now so that he can make us some cool address labels!
On the Art filled F.M. I mentioned my kids art and how I wanted to frame a few....
All but 2 were made by my oldest son. I have plenty works of art from my younger 2 I have a collage of their art....
Wall Art! That is not even all of their works of art either! This is an unfinished project as I need to erase all of the art! The K-state wildcat my hubby stenciled on our oldest sons walls. He made the stencil himself. He is so talented!Here you see the border I bought during the first few weeks of moving in here. It matches the shower curtain, rug, trash can, soap dish, and toothbrush holder in my boys bathroom.
They decided to decorate themselves!Here are 2 unfinished hole patches. The first needs to be painted and the orange peel added. The 2nd still needs one more coat of the puddy patching stuff and then painted and peeled.

Here we have a collage of never ending housework...which is a project as far as I am concerned!1. pile of paper to shred 2. One days worth of dirty dishes 3. & 4. Dirty laundry 5. clean clothes that need folding 6. clean in dryer to be folded 7. 1 basket folded needs to be put away,1 basket clean needs folding 8. folded clothes awaiting to be put away 9. another basket of clean laundry needing folding.

Here is the saddest project I never started.
My mom sent these to me within a month after my first son was born. I had 2 more chances to use them. I could use it on my youngest who is 3 but how fair would that be to the older two?If you made it all the way down here please leave me a comment and then go back to Blue Mommas to check out more unfinished projects!
Update: I appreciate your suggestions to use that bald mans eraser but it is not magic on my walls. I'll give you that it just might get the pencil drawings off but it was used on the wall with the purple wildcat and as you can see even with MY elbow grease it did not come off. I have tried all 3 that he has for sale.
23 comments:
I love the cityscape artwork. Definitely worth framing.
Don't feel guilty about the handprint things. I tried really really hard to get my first son's done but he would NOT cooperate. And with the second I managed to get a footprint using this bluish ink stuff while he was sleeping. I say wrap them up and re-gift them. heeehee.
Your children's wall art? Get Mr. Clean and his magic eraser to help you... My son decided to decorate my diningroom with sharpie when he was little. I tried everything to get it off and nothing worked until Mr. Clean came along.
I don't feel so bad about my place now. Moving can take YEARS to recover from, I've decided. Especially if you've inherited someone else's decorating problems.
eh hm this is where you hate me. i agree that Mr. Clean Eraser is the way to go. but then you get your kids that colored on the way and the eraser and they get to erase their mistakes. they "missed" the paper. they must "clean it up" - i can't tell you enough how much it means for a kid to sit and have to erase all that damn crayon off the wall, for one thing, they will NEVER write on the wall again. and for another, if you have a 10 year old and towels still sitting there not folded, you are wasting your time and energy. your kids are meant to be helpers as much as they are kings. which it seems like they are being treated like kings, but they shouldn't rule the castle. 3 and 4 year olds can re-load the dishwasher and with some help unload it and put away. if you have a short enough table, they can set the table. they can fold towels, maybe not perfectly, but they can. give them chores, they will love being "helpers" and being a helper at home means being a helper elsewhere, and we could all use a little help!
I love your kids art work it is beautiful. Definitely frame it but getting things framed is a nightmare as is putting things on walls. We have 1 picture up so far. I am just undecided about where to out the rest!
My cousin has three boys, ages 7, 5 and 1. The 5 year old is autistic. She is constantly repainting walls in her house. She hasn't figured out a way to get their "art" off her walls either.
I think you should go ahead and use the hand/footprint things on your youngest. Might as well use em. You probably have more baby pictures of the oldest and well, the middle child always gets the short end of the stick anyway. So ... there you have it. :)
I remember the days of kid art.
R~ Thanks for the complement on the his art! Thanks a bunch for helping me not feel SO bad about never getting hand prints made!
sayre~ I've tried it doesn't work.
jill~ No hate here. Mr. Clean is not magic at my house. I also tend not to sweat the small stuff and have thought of framing the wall art. Everything you said is all stuff I already know. They all help out/have their own "chores". I haven't yet been able to let go of how I want things folded.
alix~ thanks for the complement on their art!
SS~ Thanks for sharing, I don't feel so alone. I haven't painted over it yet, I figure I should just wait until we move.
beckie~ I actually have loads of photos of the first 2 and less of the 3rd but not by much. Must be the 5 year difference between the first and 2nd. I may just use them on my youngest, no one to re-gift it to!
debs~ That is why I want to frame them, they are so precious!
You may want to consider getting those works of art scanned or color copied. If you put them anywhere near the sun, construction paper fades like crazy. I learned this the hard way...
Hmmm, what can I say? It's not that you are a bad person, hey wait a minute...I guess you are.
Hahahaha you sure excelled at this assignment. Aa for the hand print gismos, I vote to re-gift them, otherwise they'll simply be a thorn in your side forever.
I have major guilt about not filling out my kiddo's baby book. But thankfully, she just puts duct-tape all over our walls, and I no longer care anymore.
You are brave to show laundry!
I love the idea of framing the kids art work. I so should do that myself. Now it is just piling up and ends up god knows where.
And I didn't think there was anything Mr. CLean couldn't handle! You better just buy a can of primer and get going!
My kids wall art is why I'm repainting. Your pictures look like mine, all on a shelf in stead of on a wall.
susan~ Thanks for reminding me! :)
WT~ What you talkin bout Willow? Are you trying to joke that I am a bad person for all my lack of follow through? Todays funny went WAY over my head. Trouble is I have no one to re-gift them too.
Tiggerlane~ Brave or stupid...at least 5 of the 7 photos of laundry were clean laundry photos!
Blue Momma~ Yeah, I think I may just wait until it gets closer to moving.
kitten~ the photos not displayed is actually bothering me the most out of everything I pictured. I just do not know where to hang them.
I love the idea of framing your kids' artwork. We did an art project this summer I would love to frame. Sigh. Is there ever enough time and energy to do it all?
Ahh, a home with little boys! It makes it look more homey to have spur of the moment wall art!
I have photos standing in the corner from when we moved in too. It's been two years.
And I have to say, you cracked me up with "the bald man's eraser' thing.
Kid art is the best!! Not on the wall though. Art on paper - good. Art on wall - bad.
are their hands tooo big now? better late than never?
My laundry is a basket case, too.
That was so nice of your kids to help you decorate! How considerate!
Long before the bald man's eraser my children were small. It was kinda funny my youngest, Haden, would write an H on the wall and try to say he didn't do it. Anyway, what I used was Fantastic, 409 or even Windex, spary it on the stain, have a damp cloth ready and dip the damp cloth in some Ajax (you know the scratchy stuff in the can you can't use on most sinks nowaday) It would scartch off the markers, crayons, ink, etc.
Or maybe you should just put some frames around it. :) Also, I used some of that chalkboard paint on a portion of my kids' rooms and they then had an okay spot to doodle. :)
I called Crayola after a particularly bad incident at my house and the gal on the phone suggested I use WD-40. It worked wonders. The paint faded the tiniest bit but both marker and crayon came off.
And that laundry...its never freaking ending.
Post a Comment