I am not inspired to write anything today. I have read a few blogs hoping to get inspired...not that I would take someones topic and be a copy cat...my brain works differently. Someone may be talking about horses and that would make me think of my sons football team and how they had their end of season banquet tonight.
Honestly, I am bummed. I am bummed about a great many things but all this Thanksgiving hulla baloo is making me blue. It could be that the limited sunshine is starting to take affect on me already(I think not) or it could be that we really have no one coming over this year. My hubs parents wont come until they are retired, my Mom had prior engagements the week of Thanksgiving so she wont be making the trip back over here. Maybe I am secretly bummed that my house wont get a tidy up and clean this week. I'm at my cleaning best when company is coming. I think I'm a closet clean freak that only comes out when someone is coming over(my mom, dad, and a couple of my close friends excluded).
I miss the big family get togethers from my youth. I hate being an only child.
18 Nablahdwn 12 to go!
5 comments:
come on over
If I wasn't going to my parents (which I wasn't until Big Oil Co. screwed things up), they would have been alone.
As it is, it will be just the 3 of us. Ya'll should head down to DFW!
Christmas lights installation after dinner.
Seriously, even though my extended family is freaking nuts, I really miss the large gatherings, too.
I miss them too. Hang in there!
Don't be mad, but I wish I wasn't hanging out with a bunch of people because the holidays are going to be kind of weird this year. My mom is already crying to my sister-in-law because she and my brother invited my dad to Thanksgiving dinner and my mom doesn't want him there. Good times.
If you were near Atlanta, you could come join in on the totally dysfunctional fun!
I miss the younger days with extended family get-togethers.
I only have one sister and BN only has one brother (too bad we couldn't fix them up) and our parents, even tho they like each other, don't really have a lot in common, so when we do get together it's not the big happy family feeling I miss. It's cordial.
I'm starting to rethink only having 2 kids. Now they'll be cursed as we are. I'll just have to scout out girls from big families for them. haha I have a sickness. Ignore me.
Post a Comment