Saturday, November 17, 2007

Irony Explained

I live in a subdivision. Even though we are only a mile from "town" we even look like we are part of the town, we still fall under the county. Even though the same trash service picks up recycles curbside in town they won't for us because we are county. There are other advantages and disadvantages. Being in county we can burn our trash or leaves we can have a fire pit. In the year that we have lived here I have seen one cop car in our subdivision. My biggest gripe about living under county "laws" or better yet the lack of "laws" is that people let their dogs run loose. There is one house that I have to pass on my way out that their dogs run out at me, which scare the shit out of me and I slam on my breaks. Then they still keep on chasing me. I hate those dogs.

Then there are 3 homes on my street, more accurately my neighbor to the right and my neighbor to my left and the neighbor across the street from me, that let their dogs run loose. One of them even has a specific day that she lets her dog loose to roam. Guess what fucking day that is. Go ahead just guess. She lets her dog roam on trash day. I will actually be glad when we move from here. I know we bought our house but I don't like this area or this state. This is not where I want to live the rest of my life.

This blog topic came to me before my dogs got loose on Thursday,I told you it was ironic. I put my dogs outside when I am leaving. We spent quite a lot of $$$ to fence our yard in. We live on a hill and when the winds are strong there is one panel that blows into the yard and the dogs squeeze out. The company that installed our fence could not get the post closer to the house due to the foundation coming out to far. They cut a piece of vinyl fence to fit between the house and post. We need to jimmy-rig it so that the dogs do not get out again. I will not be grouped with these irresponsible pet owners.

17 Nablomedwn 13 to go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dog got out once and I was so horrified, because there are roaming dogs in my neighborhood too.

I don't want to live out the rest of my life here, either. We're twins!! :)

Anonymous said...

I was chased by a dog when I was riding my bike as a child and have never trusted them since.