Tuesday, November 20, 2007

T-day Update

A small update to my Blah post. Last night I called to check in on one of my friends, who is more like family...her hubby was my hubby's best friend...he died last December. Her plans were to be at her folks for Thanksgiving. I was calling to see how things were going and to my surprise she wasn't there and was in fact here! Her parents unexpectedly had to go to Dallas for a few DR appointments so she came back home. Why am I telling you all this? This means I get to have Thanksgiving with friends and family...or friends that are family...either way we get to share the day with loved ones, and it gets to be special for the kids. My hubs gave me a hard time...he said something like "You couldn't be thankful with your husband?" I could have, and I am very thankful for him, I was just very sad that we were not going to be sharing the day with friends and family. My fondest childhood memories are of the Family Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings with Aunts, Uncles, cousins. We were not a big family,my Mom's folks had 3 girls, and there were 7 grandchildren. My hubby and I are only children. Our boys do not have Aunts or Uncles, that saddens me greatly. Our closest friends have become family. What's that saying? Friends are the family we get to choose.

So much for a small update. I was going to post about something else but I will save it for another day! Now I get to go shopping and get all of my favorite Thanksgiving foods!! I get my friend filled Thanksgiving but I still don't get the clean house that comes with it...she wants to be at her place...I think she knows how much I'd have to do to get my house in order...her excuse was "your kids love coming out to my house", which is true...I guess I will just have to pretend I have company coming...one of these days!

20 Nablahblodwn 10 to go! ONLY 10 more days?!!! woo hoo!!!

6 comments:

Fianna said...

YEA!! That is wonderful! Ya'll will have a fantastic time!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Thanksgiving!!! Enjoy your day!

Sauntering Soul said...

Yippee! Glad you're feeling happier now.

Anonymous said...

It's going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving for you both and your family. Ahhh, love happy endings. If she has kids, then your kids get to have "cousins".

We have family friends that we called Aunt and Uncle and their kids were like cousins.

willowtree said...

So, your house gets cleaned after all.

Beckie said...

I think friends make the best kind of family!