I have 2 cats. They are brother and sister from the same liter. They are fixed you sickos! Yoda is the boy. I have had problems with him going downstairs on things, in things that he shouldn't. I have liked him less since moving here, he never did that crap before. Recently I thought I had gotten a handle on it and he wasn't doing it anymore. Tuesday I walk past the down stairs bathroom to see him squatting over a towel on the floor, I yell at him he runs off. Not more than 5 minutes later he's in my master bath doing the same over another towel, same response from me. 5 minutes after that he comes into the kitchen sniffs at a plastic sack on the floor paws in it then hovers over it this time I shove him while yelling. I start thinking ok, he needs to go. I can't take this anymore. Later in the afternoon I am in oldest boys room and find pee on a book that is laying on the floor and on a notebook. I get livid. Fast fwd to putting boys down. I see Yoda squatting in a corner. I scream, he runs and I go over to see if anything came out. 2 drops tinged with blood. I forgot to mention that there was nothing on the towels...I just thought at the time that I caught him before anything came out.
Doing a search on the good ol' www and I find out that it is a possible urinary tract infection. He gets put in the X-large doggy kennel with a liter box and water. Halloween he gets taken to the vet in the afternoon. They take x-rays and Yoda pees on their floor. I am so glad he gave them a sample as the special liter they gave me to get a sample made the sample useless. They said that the urine he left them had crystals in it.
So now Yoda has to be quarantined not because he is infectious but because I need to monitor his outtake, make sure he is urinating. Plus he has to be on wet food...YUCK! They also put him on a antibiotic but are not calling it a urinary infection. This is what they are saying he has. Yoda is only 5 years old. Chances are this will be a recurring problem for him. I really could keep going on about this and how I feel about this but I can always do a part 2 if I need to! Plus this is NO Kitty blog!
This was taken in July. The vet says he is overweight. He was 18 lbs in May and last week he was 17 they say I'm doing good. He looks average in this shot( he actually looks small to me in this one)...that is because his royal fatness is sunk into the couch!3 Nablomedwn 27 to go.
8 comments:
I don't really like my cat that much either, then I feel guilty if he's sick. Sigh.
Bailey peed in my suitcase before I went out of town recently. And she puked up a hair ball on my bed this past week. Keep repeating those to yourself.
Seriously, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. And especially if you don't particularly like the cat.
Are you feeling better? You sounded like things were bad yesterday.
BN asked me how long indoor cats live and I told him from 14 to 20 years and he hasn't stopped cussing about it yet. haha. Kubi girl is 10 this month - woohoo - half way there. She told me she doesn't mind if I talk about her that way, because she knows she's a bitch and is proud of it. And then she put her paw on her hip and swiveled her neck around.
Bitch with an attitude.
Kitten is NOT 4+ years old. What is her damn excuse? I am liking cats less and less the longer I live in a hotel. I wonder how many cats my parents will take in a not so temporary basis?
Hey, you know what - YOU need another cat. 3 cats in a house are apparently a good idea to some stupid idiot on the internet. And no, this time...that idiot is not Moi!
melissa~ Exactly, I am feeling so much guilt now, but I still don't like him very much.
SS~ Yes, I am feeling a little better, IT was a mild cold and scratchy throat and Aunt Flo all at the same time!
R~ If I had know they lived that long I would have never taken them. I am a dog person.
Fianna~ HELL Fuck NO I do not need anymore cats!
Who's the idiot this time?
I like the cat we have more than the other cat we had. HE was Satan's Spawn. *LOL*
The cat usually ignores me and I him, but when he is sick, he wants to be babied.
I hope your kitty gets better.
Poor kitty, and poor you. I worry what I will do as my dogs get older. I hate the finding puddles everywhere with older animals. Four isn't that old for a cat though, is it?
Ummm, hello it's Sunday night. Now I'll have to come back tomorrow for today's post. Did you have more pressing family things going on? Hope you had a good time.
Post a Comment