Saturday, October 6, 2007

Get Your Drink On!

I am feeling terribly guilty for not posting on Friday. I feel like I have let my few readers down. I searched for a drink to make, had one picked out... but I kept thinking about Robocop's request for Red Death...I wanted to feature that for him but felt bad that I couldn't do it up right. It requires 4 liquors that I do not have and I can not afford them all right now. I felt if I cant do it right then I don't want to do it at all. Then I started feeling guilty for not doing it at all. I would feel worse for doing a different drink and not doing Red Death. I did this all to myself. I could have posted it in my comments section for him, I could have emailed it to his wife...I did this to me! I am pitiful!
So here it is with no visuals and no taste test. Maybe Robocop will do a post on the story behind the drink...and he tells the story in the comment section of this post.
RED DEATH

1/2 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Southern Comfort
1/2 oz amaretto almond liquor
1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz sloe gin
1/2 oz lime juice
orange juice

Pour all ingredients (except orange juice) into an ice-filled Collins glass. Fill with orange juice, and serve. A Collins glass is typically a 12-16 oz glass.

I'd love to hear the story Robocop! *** If you want a great"background" story on him click that link!***

Tune in next FRIDAY where I will feature a drink like usual...though I may not taste it ... my hubby will vouch for it.

13 comments:

Robocop said...

Thanks for posting the drink. There really is not much of a story behind the drink. September 23, 2000 was my last official day as a Deputy in the Onondaga County Sheriff's Department. Two days later, I was going to be on the road to Texas. From this point on, my life was going to be an unknown.

That evening, other Deputies, as well as officers from three other departments decided to hijack a small bar, and give me a going away party. Later, I was informed that over 120 public servants attended. Up to that point, my mixed drink of choice was a Rusty Nail, which consisted of a shot of Drambuie, and a shot of single malt scotch. After a few of these, along with a good smoke in the form of an Arturo Fuente Opus X cigar, my friends introduced me to Red Death. At the time, I thought the drink tasted mild, so I had the misconception that it was a mild drink. I regretfully found myself in error.

Hours passed, and I found myself singing along to "Who Let The Dogs Out." I eventually ended up dumped on my front doorstep, where I got a healthy sleep, lasting until 1:05 PM the next day. Next to saying goodbye to my parents two days later, this was my last memory of New York.

On the rare occasions that I do order a mixed drink, I will drink a Red Death to reflect on a time when I wore a badge, and made a difference.

Kaytabug said...

Your Welcome! That is a great story!So you were a Deputy after serving in the Army? Why did you guys move to TX? Did you try to get in a Dept. in TX?
I think you still make a difference.

Kaytabug said...

I also meant to add that I will have a Red Death someday and toast you!!

Robocop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robocop said...

I tried to post a link to my bio, but it only posted half of the link.**LOL**

Kaytabug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
willowtree said...

Gee, that's a lot of pressure just to produce a post!

Hey, Robocop, does this help? Robo's Bio

Debs said...

I have not had this drink. What Robocop is leaving out. I called him that night. He "accidentally" told me something about 2 girls. One wearing a tight sweater and that it was very soft. They offer to "take" care of him. I am sure they did. *LOL* :P

He denies ever telling me this on the phone, but what does he know. *LMAO*

Kaytabug said...

WT~ Yea that's just what I do to myself. No one else but me put all that pressure on myself...

Thanks for helping us out! I linked it in the post as his "background" when I couldn't get the link in my comment!

Debs~ Thanks for the rest of the story!! That is hilarious!!! I love it! I hear you don't taste the liquor in it and that it is fruity but hits hard! I am looking fwd to tasting it myself!

Anonymous said...

That is quite a story. Good Times!

Debs said...

I love fruity sweet drinks :D

Anonymous said...

Hey DubYaT ! Please go to Karisma's and put a link there for me.
I with I'd had thith drink before my dentith appointment the othuh day. WooHOO !

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...sounds heavenly.