Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Force is strong with Luke

The destructive kind of Force!


So, I have mentioned our huge puppy once before. I think he needs a little more Blog time. He will be 10 months on the 3rd of July. I awoke this morning before 7 to the sounds of his nails on my kitchen linoleum and a playful kind of whimper. I drug myself out of bed to see what was going on. I see him laying on the kitchen floor, me unaware of what he was doing until he got up to greet me and then I see Celeste our girl kitty(she is pictured in my flickr) walk out from behind the counter where Luke was laying. As I look around groggy-like I see that Luke demolished an empty cat food bag,literally ripped it to shreds. My hubby had to get up early for work this AM and must have fed the cats and somehow left the empty bag lying around. I crawl back into bed. I was lucky this AM, Luke actually went back to sleep with me. He usually keeps playing/destroying.


Thursday this happened to Lil' Man #2, or middle Lil'Man. I haven't figured out his blog name yet.....





He left his shoes outside, Luke was left outside, Luke protested.



Luke has demolished 3 pairs of my mothers shoes. He has destroyed 2 pairs of my flip-flops. I know there is more but if I continue he may end up in a new home by the end of this post. I have been missing a Birk of mine, I am beginning to think my hubby came across it destroyed and disposed of the evidence because he knew that would have tipped my scales and Luke would have been the one disposed of. He is super good with the kids. They use him as a pillow all the time. He has never snapped at them. He is the best dog we could have in regards to his temperament with the kiddos. His destroyer of all things and his poop issues(I will save that for another post) I could totally do without. The only thing that has saved him thus far is his good looks.........


Good looks will only take you so far.........

3 comments:

Fianna said...

What a cutie!!!

I have had bad cats, but I am not sure what it would take to get rid of one. I cried my eyes out just taking a stray to the ASPCA in Houston.

But...I have never had an animal with too bad of issues...

And, the last bad one got left with the Ex. She got what she deserved!

Not that there is any advice in this here comment!

Jenni said...

Oh man! I thought those things were indestructible! I guess I've never left them in the dog pen, though. I bet the goat would love to eat them, too.

Hey, you're on the list for Fun Monday!

Anonymous said...

Good words.