
OK, I saw this on my way home from KS, I was already well into MO when I passed these people. That lil' orange light on top of the truck was on, swirling around like some Emergency vehicle light. Of course they were going super slow maybe that's why they had the "warning" light on top the truck. All I kept thinking was "I am in Hillbilly HELL!" There is a little more to the story but I don't have time this AM to go deeper, like how did I pass them going super slow on the highway only to have them catch up to me and for me to get lucky enough to take the photo? humm....
*****EDIT*****
OK, so my BFF thinks that all 4 ppl that commented on this post are just in dire need to hear "the rest of the story" ( I love you Paul Harvey!) Anyhoo! It isn't all that and a bag of chips. It is rather like watching the paint peal off the walls... b.o.r.i.n.g! She asked for it so here it is....
I was "truckin' " along.... wait.... wait for it....."Truckin’, I’m a-goin’ home Whoa, whoa, baby, back where I belong, Back home, sit down and patch my bones And get back truckin’ on." Well I don't think I belong in Hillbilly country but that's where I'm at. SO as I was sayin' before I broke out in song.... I was truckin' along a 4 lane highway and I was easily able to pass that there truck. The speed limit was 65. I was doin' closer to 73 but I let up when I saw THAT! I had to get a better look and I wouldn't have gotten it if I was ZOOMING past them. They were doin' 45-50.
Yet another Road trip song of mine is "I can't drive 55". I'll spare you from my singing...
Well it must have been 35 miles since I had passed them when, and as much as I'd like to say I pulled over to wait for my perfect paparazzi moment( why cant I be more like Pamela?) I came up on a wreck that literally had our 2 lane side of the HWY at a complete STOP, and shut down to one lane, only inching like an inch worm for 20 minutes... so around 22 minutes those yahoo's pull up on the left of me into the turning lane, I was headed straight, there was my moment... I was almost too shy to do it. I felt like the fellers in the back kept looking at me like they knew I wanted to take their picture.... I was lucky they got the green arrow at the same exact moment I snapped the picture cuz they looked mean. They scarred me. I'm glad I made it home safely to tell the tale!
5 comments:
Ha, if that had been California, there would have been 30 guys wearing straw cowboy hats in the back of that pickup.
I didn't know that Texas was between KS and MO. Cuz I recognize those guys! And lots of trucks? Did you get lost?
Texas is between KS and MO if you go through OK driving backerds.
you pulled over and waited for them. Thats what I would have done.
No reason to be scared, they are just good old boys. Never doing no harm.
Post a Comment