Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Truth be told

Recently I have been having some "Deep Thoughts" not to far off from the kind Jack Handy had. I have been thinking a lot about this whole blogging thing. I never knew it existed. Even a year or more ago my BFF would send me links every now and then to some "article" she thought I might enjoy. I'd read it, enjoy and think nothing of it. Then in May she sent me a link to Pioneer Woman and I started reading more than just the "article" she linked to. I bookmarked it. One day she took a big step and sent me the link to her blog. That was the day I realized that these places she had sent me links to were called blogs and that anyone that wanted to could have one. I think it only took me a week after seeing hers,reading it daily, that I started my own.

I still didn't realize the ginormity of the blog world, I am still having trouble grasping the size. I started out reading the ppl she had linked on her page which lead to checking out who those ppl linked to and then who those ppl linked to, and on and on and on. It was vicious. It was addictive. That is how I happened upon Fun Monday, I couldn't tell you now who lead me to a Fun Monday person but I am glad I stumbled upon them.

At some point I found myself never leaving my CPU, except for essentials. I got addicted. I need to attend bloggers anonymous and let me tell you Myspace was my gateway drug... I was addicted to it when my BFF lead me to it.... HEY! Wait a minute! She is the one to blame here! Damn it Fianna! You are such a bad influence on me. I got over my addiction to myspace but it was only a couple months later when I became addicted to this. I am trying to find moderation here. I know that is what I need, I just need the help of a timer to pull me away. I no longer peruse ppl's links to other bloggers. I have a few favorites and I know I do not need more.

What I really wanted to say is that I am not a speed reader, nor am I quick witted. Are you seeing now how the blog world can suck up A LOT of my time? I also am a horrible speller, so I generally copy and paste my comments into a word document before I comment. My thoughts do not flow fast either, I have to sit and gather them until they are coherent. Some people are meant to blog, they are good at all the things I just mentioned. When I did my Fun Monday post LATE Sunday into Monday I even went around to a few ppl on the list to see if anyone had beat me to my post title, I thought it was that obvious that someone quick witted would have beaten me to it! It was the only thing that came to me quickly. I re-read my posts a gazillion times before I hit publish.

I guess all this to say I feel like I have no business blogging. I see that I have gone to long for Willowtree... I will try to keep my posts shorter in the hopes that he reads me more than just on Monday's...that is just how much I like that man! Plus if I can keep them short it will give me more time for what I need to be doing. Now I'm getting a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: A blogroll is neither a blog nor a roll. Discuss!

2 comments:

willowtree said...

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

You could save yourself some time by using Firefox instead of IE. Firefox has a spell checker that's always active (even when you're commenting) so you wouldn't have to cut and paste to Word and back again.

Sauntering Soul said...

I've tried so hard to make my posts shorter. Apparently I'm incapable of accomplishing that goal. I can ramble on about nothing for a very long time.

I'm glad Fianna discovered blogging and convinced you to give it a try! It is overwhelming how many blogs there are to read. You should see the blogs I have bookmarked that aren't on my blogroll. I can't say I read them all every single day (that would take as much time as my full-time job does out of my day), but when I have some free time I try to catch up.