Monday, June 25, 2007

They came, they saw, they fled!

2 slip-n-slides, 3 RC trucks, and a digital camera later..... I am back to an in-law free house. My oldest who is 9 received a digital camera, a Kodak easy share kind with one mega pixel more than my digi cam! Lil' spoiled Brat he is! The younger 2 also received t-shirts. Is anyone else thinking that the in-laws love language is giving/receiving gifts? Anyone? Maybe they were just making up for not sending Birthday gifts? They have never sent anything for Birthdays. They are big on X-mas though. They are a strange breed. I do not think I will ever understand them.


For instance I think they gave more love and affection to our 9 month old puppy than they did the kids. I think they played more with the pup than they did the kids. Our pup is not much of a puppy weighing in at a lean 100 lbs, standing about 2 and a half feet tall. He is a house, a moose, he is not a cute cuddly lap dog is what I am trying to say. So that is one reason why I do not think I will ever understand my in-laws.


A good time was had by all, except me. Aunt Flo was a major bitch. The first 2 full days of the in-laws 3 day visit was the worst for me. The heat pad and I we hardly ever apart. We did venture on their final day to a mini golf course and most got sunburns and heat stroke. Well, maybe not heat stroke but most defiantly sunburns. We had a good time none-the-less. Father-in-law and I kicked ass in mini golf!! I even got a hole-in-one!! A first ever for me!!!
Whoo hoo!

My hubby says they had a great time. Father-in-law even said they had a great time. I find that very hard to believe. All we did was sit around the house watch movies and watch the Lil' Men play video games, slip on the slip-n-slide, run around acting like complete baboons, and eat. We did go to wally world a couple times. We drank refreshing alcoholic drinks, and one night played Mad Gab. That was funny. Father-in-law came up with lots of funny things that weren't even on the card. Things like "1-800" and "French Fried Curds" he must have been hungry for cheese curds! He even added words that weren't there like "sparkling CLEAR water" I guess you just had to be there. If you have never played Mad Gab go get it and play. It is loads of fun!

Well the 3 day visit was uneventful, no drama unless you count my 3 Lil' Drama Kings! I think my biggest problem concerning my in-laws is the fact that I can't read them. I am unable to "size them up". Do ya'll know what I am trying to say? My hubby agrees that they are in fact hard to read. I am a huge people reader, along with being a big ppl watcher too, I love all things psychology and sociology. It really drives me nuts when I can't get some kind of "feeling"/"read" off of someone in my life. I don't mean in the aura/psychic sense, just your getting a "feel" for someone sense. OK, I feel like I lost everyone so I am going to close. The only other thing to come of the in-laws visit was morbid thoughts.... more of that to come later on this week.

3 comments:

Fianna said...

I think in-laws are designed to enigmas. All the ones I have ever had were always so odd. Just strange, strange folk.

Maybe it is just that they have a hard time with young-uns? Has the hubby indicated that perhaps they were a bit standoff-ish when he was young? And being that they don't see the boys all that much, maybe they just didn't know what to do.

From my visits since my niece was born, my parents could not be happier just sitting around staring at her. Not doing a thing at all except playing, loving on her, watching her.

You probably will never be able to read them as they are going to always be cautious and always on their bestest behavior with you. That in-law enigma thing. Frustrating, huh?

Mine are stopping in next week. Every conversation includes a hint that we need to be married and how sinful we are. A visit to the sin den is sure to involve some choice words...

Kaytabug said...

After talking with the hubby, yes they were/are what I like to call NOT kid friendly. They are the kind of folk that should never have kids, but it happened. They were just as cluless with him as they are with their Grandkids.

It saddens me, that my kids will never have the awesome grandparents I had. Only my mom is in their league. I guess one is better than none.

Lets talk about you.... you sound like such a hussy..."all the ones I have ever had" you make it sound as though you have had many many in-laws!! Sounds like you are taking a ride on the Sin Wagon!

Fianna said...

Hell, if the sin wagon will take me to Sonic...I am in! Since I can't have a relationship, horrible as they might be, that lasts less than 5 years, I have to call them in-laws. Spending that many holidays with 'em....I am on my last set, I will lay claim to these.

Although when my kids are 2, they will be quoting the Pythagorean theorum...oy...