Yesterday afternoon, in my world we lost the most beautiful cat soul. His full name was Frankincense. Those that knew and loved him,affectionately called him Frank,or Franki. He was 17yrs 9 and a half months old. He was my KY BFF's cat. She got him at an animal shelter in Kansas. He had a BB or 2 lodged in the top of his cute lil head. Franki was the best cat. He was the kind of cat that turned non-cat lovers into cat lovers. He turned my hubby. Franki was great with the kids. He died of Kidney failure. It was a slow decline and his owner made several trips to the vet to make his final months/weeks/days to be as good as anyone could. She had to put him under yesterday, he feel asleep in her arms. She buried him on their land,rocks on top of the grave, with a beautiful headstone. Frank was a hunter, a fighter, and above all he was a lover. There will never be another like him. He will be sorely, deeply and truly missed.
A sweet Kitty Angel then, and now.....

He was always so playful!
Here he is cuddled with my Oldest Lil' Man when my guy was just 2!
What cat doesn't love an open window sill?
He loved the outdoors. At one point, when her female cat was having liter upon liter upon liter of kitties(not his, he was fixed) he choose to act like a dog. He would go to the door to be let out to use the bathroom. He was frickin' AWESOME!

This boy was de-clawed and yet there he was not even a month ago, showing the new puppy that he was not one to be messed with. Just about 2 weeks ago my KY BFF told me a Franki story and here it goes! She was outside, saw that Frank had something squeaking in his mouth...she just thought it was a mouse, until she realized it was a baby bunny!!! She starts to try and pry it out of his mouth, he starts fighting her with his back claws and growling. She finally gets his jaws loose and he drops it.... but the puppy immediately swallows it whole! Frank takes off. A little later she hears that same squeak, she goes outside, sure enough Frank has another bunny. This time he kills it and takes off with it. Now she tries to follow him,then decides to just wait. Good ole Frank delivers a 3rd baby bunny! She was able to get it from him with little effort.

This is the last photo of our dear Franki. He was more than just a pet he was family. We love you and miss you!
3 comments:
Oh, he does look just like Fridge. What a cutie!!
I am so sorry for her and her family. It is so sad to lose such a sweetie.
Cass has a BB in her back. Mean people suck!
He had a long good life thanks to your BFF. Rescued kitties are so wonderful!
Pets are such an important part of our World. I've never had a cat (only dogs) but I have family and friends who do. I am so sorry about your loss. What a beautiful animal and I know everyone who knew him will miss him for a long time. I'm so sorry.
(I'll never understand mean people. I just hope that what goes around, comes around to whoever put those b.b's in him.)
nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter.
Post a Comment