Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flag Day

There are so many things that should be done in this country that aren't, since I can't possibly tackle them all in one post I will focus on one... for now. Today being Flag Day I came across an
article concerning the lowering of the flag to half-staff to honor Military service members killed overseas.

Only a little over half of the 50 states lower their flag for a fallen soldier and even of those it might only be at one place in the entire state. I believe that it should be done across the board, every state, for every soldier no matter if that solider is from that state or not. I do not believe that this should be up to the governor of each state. I brought this up to family and friends back when the VA Tech tragedy happened. Flags all over the 50 states were lowered for the victims. Yes, it was tragic, uncalled for, pointless.. Insert your feeling here......
Why do we honor victims of random acts of violence in EVERY state and not the people who defend our flag? I think that is fucked up. I mean no disrespect to the victims of past tragedy's or their families.

If your answer is because it would fly at half-staff 24/7, 365 days ... GREAT!!... every American citizen needs to be reminded of the sacrifice that is made day in day out. We as Americans do not sacrifice/do anything like what was sacrificed/done back during WW II. I think that is fucked up too!

The United States of America.... we aren't so united are we?

No comments: