Monday, June 18, 2007

The Countdown

It is that time again, when my in-laws come for a visit. That means that I get to stress over what I cook,what we are going to do to entertain them, what my house looks like, what my kids look like, what we have accomplished since the last time they came to visit. Oh, that list is endless so I won't even try to go there. I do not know why I act like they are coming with their white gloves on. I always stress. They only come once a year on average. They have been my in-laws for almost 8 years now. You would think I would be used to it, but in my defence they have only been to our home twice, this will be the third, so I am not used to them being on my turf. The 2 times they visited us at my Mom's house doesn't count. That wasn't my house, they can't judge me by my Mom's house.

Needless to say I am stressin' the upcoming visit. As if all that stress isn't enough, who comes knocking at my door this morning? Aunt Flo! She has the nerve to show up just days before the In-laws arrival.... Bitch! So take my current stress/agitation level and multiply that by 50! The In-laws arrive Thursday evening... I do not know if I will be able to post at all during their short 3 day visit, but I will try. I know, 3 full days. I do not count their arrival day or their departure day. I bet 3 days is more than enough for any person to be around my Lil' Men. Don't forget, like most children when in the company of new ppl or ppl they don't see but once a year they show off, which is really them being out of control!

I would like to say a Big Hello and Warm Welcome to a few new reader dots I see on my map... Japan, Indonesia, and Turkey. I am so excited to have potential readers from different countries. Are you native to the country you are in or a foreigner in a foreign land? I love receiving comments, don't be shy I promise not to bite! Thanks for reading!

Well the time is always wrong in regards to when I post but as of right now I have 2 days and 16 hrs until my In-laws arrival, or what really counts... 43 waking hours!!!! I hope I can make the most of those!

2 comments:

Fianna said...

Ugghh..I feel for you! Are they staying at your house or are they getting a hotel?

And Google is so great....the strange phenom is called "menstrual synchronization". I had no idea you could catch it over IM...and apparently the phone as my friend in KC has also caught the Fever!

And somewhere in the blogger settings you can change the time zone you post in...I finally figured it out, it was bugging me so much!

Kaytabug said...

They are staying at our house. I am huge believer in "menstrual synch" but like you I thought it was only possible to synchronize with other women in your circle of friends in the physical presence not the internet/telephonic presence.

Yes, I was aware of the time zone setting, I thought I had set it, obviously not... guess I didn't hit save... I tried it once again. We shall see.