Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bubble Guts

My youngest man has bubble guts, that have turned into just straight liquid. This afternoon he wakes up from his nap early with a very unpleasant diaper... this diaper was the beginning of the liquid as it poured out the sides once it was opened. After that I proceeded to change his diaper 8 times in a 5 hr time span. For those that don't know that is really abnormal. I got all 3 lil' men to bed and the youngest keeps coming upstairs. He has gotten out of bed 7 times in less than an hour. That is abnormal for him. I checked his diaper each and every time to make sure it wasn't the poo. He is tired, he is not feeling well, he had a shorter nap than usual... there is no reason to keep getting out of bed.

I know no one wants to read about runny poo but I have to talk about it to get where I really want to go. After I put my 3 lil' men to bed each night it becomes ME time. It is when I finally get to hear the sweet sounds of silence. I get to do whatever I want UNINTERRUPTED! It was ME time and I was being interrupted, with each tromp up the stairs I was getting more and more irritated. I was also getting irritated with it all knowing that I have another LONG sleep deprived night ahead of me. NOT because I wont be going to bed at the Mommy bedtime but because I know I am in for a long night of runny poo diapers, and quite possibly poo jammies and poo bedding and I do not know what I will do if he gets poo on his Blinkie. That will be a fit I do not want to deal with in the middle of the wee hours.

Oh, a Momma's work is never done. I wish I could clock out. This is a prime example why I choose to be a stay-at-home Momma. I would not want to have to get up at 6AM,let's say, to get ready for a job after a full nights work of changing runny poo, poo sheets, poo kid..... It is not fun, I have done it before... this is a fact of Motherhood, these nights will happen whether you choose to be a working Momma or a stay-at-home Momma. I am glad I can give food for thought, or in this case poo for thought, to all those who haven't gone down Momma Road.

No comments: