Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's Official

I have wasted away the last 2 days. I have done nothing aside from a few dishes and vacuuming to prepare for the arrival of the in-laws. I do however work much better under pressure...

so I say I will get much more done today and tomorrow. I figured out why I freak about what my house looks like when the in-laws come. In their eyes the way the house looks is all me, my job, my responsibility. They are of that generation. My hubby has stated he doesn't care what it looks like, even though he and I know it falls on both of us, he doesn't care what they think. I wish I could feel that way. He says all he cares about is them seeing what an awesome Dad he is. They will defiantly see that, along with dust bunnies and drawings on the walls and bumps in the walls, stains in the carpets, and probably a couple spots downstairs that smell like cat pee. I will still be working as best I can to get the house to where I feel comfortable with them being in it.... oh who am I kidding.... I will never get it there... but I will do my best without killing myself. dumm dumm dumm dee dee dum dum... under pressure!

1 comment:

Fianna said...

I hate visitors...for that reason... I always feel they are judging me based on how clean the house is...I can't really relax while they are here, because I am nervous they can see that spot where Yoda puked yesterday.