I've lost track of exactly how many lessons I have learned, but I seem to say "I've learned my lesson." or "Lesson Learned" a whole heck of a lot! Last night I was so supper excited about starting a blog. What I was really stoked about was my BFF giving me such awesome kudos! So there I was staying up way past my bedtime fixing my page, adding my own photo,(yes, I took that photo)and chatting with my BFF.
I was up til 12:30 am, actually past that because when I went to bed I found my mind was racing with a million and one thoughts. That happens to me quite often. Seems to me that little time has passed and I hear my puppy dog puke! I get up let him outside and crawl back in bed. It is 2:30AM. Next thing I know I hear my youngest man tromping up the stairs, he takes it upon himself to let the pup inside! He wants his diaper changed, I do as he wishes. We tromp back downstairs. I try to lay him down when he says," I need socks!" Over and over and over again. I dig through his drawer find the socks to put on his precious feeties and finally lay him back down. I crawl back into bed. It is now 4:15AM. It feels to my sleep deprived brain that when my husbands alarm goes off at 6AM that my head just hit the pillow. I never went back to sleep as my youngest man was up in 40 minutes. The lesson I learned, I need a bedtime just like my Lil' Men do and I need to stick to it!
Where I was really going with all this, was to say I entered my first "Give That Photo a Name Contest" held by Pioneer Woman this morning! So there I sat all 7 kinds of sleep deprived trying to think of my first photo title. Would you look at me? I rocked! I was so flippin' happy with myself. I was truly amazed I came up with such wit being so malnourished in the sleep department. I do not think I have a shot at winning, so many far superior entries, I probably will not even get props from Ree... though that would totally rock my day... I am perfectly content in my own personal bliss. I must retire, the toothpicks are starting to buckle... eyelids too heavy....
1 comment:
Sleeping in this morning I hope!! The winning post is hilarious. Remember sneaking Marlboro Lights behind your house. I always say that I stopped smoking in 4th grade. I am such a dork. Hey, you wanna sneak out tomorrow night? I think my mom may have some wine coolers still from '89. Meet you at the park!
Post a Comment