Friday, June 29, 2007

I am so over the top!

I really do not want to write about this but it keeps bugging me, so after half the day is now gone I just have to get it off my chest. I hope I will feel better. My first stop in the mornings, like most of you, is the bathroom. This morning there was a brand new roll of T.P. on the holder, actually put on. This was done by my hubby. For a split second I said AWWWWW, that is until I noticed it was put on facing away from me. This should not matter, yet it still annoyed me. I have spent all day trying to figure out why. Maybe it might have to do with left brained verses right brained ppl. That theory just doesn't help me get over my annoyance.



I tried to ignore it, to just get over it... it is just T.P. for cripes sake! Every time I went to the bathroom today and I'd reach for the T.P. I would get annoyed all over again. This is insane, I have lost it, I am blogging about flippin T.P., and not in the fun way like "I T.P.'d someones house last night for shits and giggles. "

Yes, when I put a roll on it faces me, when I am at my Mom's I turn it to face me, with the exception of today, I switch it to face me if I happen upon a roll the "other" way in my own home. Why you ask, have I not turned this roll? I am trying to battle my inner demons, that freak in me who gets annoyed at T.P. being placed on the roller underneath/facing away/backwards.

I want to clarify that I do not nag my hubby about which way he puts a new roll on, nor is this post in any way a bitch session about how he puts a new roll on. I am just trying to get a better understanding as to why I am such a weirdo, to see if there is any rhyme or reason to my madness! NO? See, I didn't think so.






My way.......


His way........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry but I had to laugh.. Im the same way about the way the towels are folded,, I just go behind my hubs and re fold them *blush*

Fianna said...

I am an Over the Topper as well. I thought I was a major freak as well, until Oprah talked about it one day on her show. This was years and years ago....and I still remember it...it validated one of my many neuroses...

(I have recently decided my use of ..... is neurotic as well.)

We need help. We all need help.

Kaytabug said...

Well this really worked out the way I wanted it to. I feel so much better now, knowing that I am not alone in my OCD behaviors, few as they may be.

I am not the only one with the obsessive need for the T.P. to be over the top. My BFF and Oprah have that same issue.... I feel so much better. TY!

Anonymous said...

His way is 'backerds'...
Proof: If there is a design imprinted on the paper, when it hangs 'his' way, the design is 'wrong-side out.'
If t.p. is hanging 'his' way, anywhere I go, I will change it.
Drives me nuts.

Anonymous said...

You may have a problem in your marriage, there is only one way to put TP, everyone on the planet knows that! If someone puts it the the other way like your husband, they are either just plain malicious, or they're trying to piss you off on purpose. I think he has serious tissue issues.

It's hard to tell the difference as TP is so small and light, but when you get in to cable that weighs around 10lb per foot, you'll soon realise there is a right way and a wrong way. If the drum is set up backwards (like your husband put the TP) it's almost impossible to pull the cable off the drum.

Robinella said...

My hubby puts in on like your hubby just to annoy me. He thinks himself very funny.