Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 8

Let me tell you what NOT to ask a person whose husband/wife has just left them and their family to spend a year in the sand box:

"How are you doing?"

I have been asked that question at least 4 times in the past 24hrs! AND!!!! By people whose spouse is gone too, or their spouse has been gone before.
That is probably why it irritates the shit out of me! I wanna scream:
"You are going through the same fucking thing I am!! How the fuck do you think I'm doing?! I'm on auto pilot just like you are!"

Granted not everyone copes with this in the same way, not everyone has the same type of personality. It's clear by my previous posts that I am an emotional person, it doesn't take much to make me cry even when he is here. I cry reading books, watching tv shows, movies, even some commercials! There are people that do not cry, they have other ways to release all that sadness,fear, and all the other emotions that come up with this. Some people stay busy. Some have to totally rearrange their house down to painting every room a different color.

No matter how we choose to cope, we are all on some form of auto pilot flying through the same damn shitstorm so don't fucking ask me how I'm doing!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

true.. no one handles burdens quite the same.

Is there something you would like to have covered in prayer? I would be honored to do that for you.

Fianna said...

Oh so true. I hate that question. I can have it all together, but that question triggers tears no matter what.