Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 4

I go back to work today, after being off for Christmas break. I am thankful for the distraction and getting back to routine. It also happens to be another one of those things that I have to do without him. No, we didn't work together. We left the house at the same time. We got to enjoy each others company in the morning, he helped out some with the boys, we had our coffee together.  There are tons of little daily things that when they happen for the first time, sometimes for the first few times after he has left they make me go,  "OH! sigh. Oh, yeah. I have to do this without him." The list of things that fall solely on my shoulders grows and grows and grows!! For the most part it's not that I mind having to do all these things on my own, it's that he is not here to share it with. Maybe help ease the load a little.
I know that he has his own equally heavy load, if not heavier, to carry while he is away from me.
These "firsts" without him make me miss him more, like that is even possible... pshaw! As if!
But they do and it is possible.
Honestly, it's not so much about sharing the load as it is sharing our life together.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That last sentence says it perfectly. I think you'll find that being back at work will help some. Having both a distraction and a routine (better yet a routine to distract) helps me get through difficult times.

Fianna said...

That lad sentence is a tearjerker. I agree with Jenni, work provides a good distraction and something to look forward to.