Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 17

I've learned when things don't work out the way you planned you just need to roll with it. 
It's okay to make goals for your day, but when you fall completely short do not beat yourself up. I'm a pro at beating myself up. Not beating myself up over missed goals or expectations not met is probably one of my biggest challenges. 
Cutting myself some slack is a goal I have set for myself for this year. 
Yesterday I planned on taking the boys outside for a walk on the nature trail. It  was supposed to be unseasonably warm, a gorgeous day. No one left the house. 
It all started with my search for a box filled with stationary. It ended in our master bedroom getting de-cluttered. The box I was searching for? Right next to my computer desk the whole time.
I didn't beat myself up once.

1 comment:

Karmyn R said...

I hear you!

I beat myself up every single evening when I'm getting into bed and rehash what I ate during the day.