I was at the grocery store last week and the amount of men in that store was overwhelming. I'd never seen that many men in that store, ever. A good amount were alone or with buddies, but the majority were with their spouses. I knew that a bunch of guys had just returned home from their year away. As I walked the aisles doing my shopping I watched the others do the same. Some looked happy to be doing this household chore with their wives, but quiet honestly most of them looked like they would rather be anywhere else but there, obviously not where they just came back from(that's a given).
I made a promise right then and there while waiting in the checkout line. I promise that I will not make my husband go grocery shopping with me when he gets back. If he wants to go with me that is his choice and he is more than welcome to, but I will not ask, beg, plead, or force him to go.
I do remember what it is like when he first gets back from being gone for a year, I don't want to be away from him for a second. I would do anything to spend every moment possible in his presence, but I won't do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment