Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 2

Sundays are laundry days.
I dread the first laundry day after he's gone.
I usually only put in a few of his clothes. Sometimes I can drag this out for at least the first month. I really hate the day when his clothes are no longer in the clean laundry that I fold. It is another reminder that he is gone. One would think that I know he is gone, because he is not here. I do, but I am also used to him being gone for weeks and sometimes just a couple months at a time. I have some sub-concious thing that kicks in when he leaves and for the first 3 months or so I'm in "he's just away at some school and will be back soon" mode. I cannot stress enough how this is a sub-concious thing. I do not tell myself these things, I do not intentionally think this way. It is a coping mechanism. I've never thought much about it before, but having gone through many separations I am now really analyzing it this time around. Maybe it is because the last year long separation is still so fresh in my mind since he just got back from that one a year ago. I know I'll write about laundry again when I run out of his things to wash.
For today, I will just wash 3 things.
3 is a magic number, so I've heard.

5 comments:

Molly said...

After a search through the Fun Monday posts, I found your blog again. I have not blogged for ages, but I always have intentions. On Plurk, you mentioned that you would be posting throughout the year. I hope that the year passes quickly for you. Take care.

the planet of janet said...

Love you, my k. Baby steps.... Baby steps.

Robinella said...

I think the longest BN was gone was 9 months and he wasn't in the sand. He was under water on a sub. This year will fly by and you'll look back and wonder how it happened. Lots of love to you, K.

Fianna said...

Hugs my dear.

Pamela said...

I see Molly mentioned Plurk. I didn't know that was still going - I could never figure it out (techno dumb)

In the meantime -- I don't know how you do it. I remember my former in-laws talking about the four years they were apart during world war II. It just seemed like an impossible reunion.