Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 6

My hubby usually never made it home before me, so those times that he did it was a joy to see his car in the driveway. My heart would skip a beat, or two. Seeing his car in the driveway earlier than expected always made me so happy!

I took his car to work my first day back, and yesterday I took mine. Driving down our street I saw his car in our driveway and my heart skipped a beat and said, "He's home!!!!!"

Reality stabbed me in the heart and twisted that knife around s-lll-lowww-ly.

Pulling into the driveway already in tears with my heart aching, I see a delivery sticker on my door and a tiny box on the doormat.
I ordered something special before he left. It had finally arrived.
I was full on crying before the door was closed behind me.
I walked super slow through the house, crying.
I put my stuff down and opened the tiny box, through tears.
I took off the bubble wrap.
The crying then turned into the ugly cry; sobbing uncontrollably, not being able to catch my breath, the loudness. There is no quiet in ugly cry.
I guess it was time. Today was my first ugly cry, there will be more.

This is what was in the tiny box, wrapped in bubble wrap. I haven't even opened the plastic bag, but there is something even more tiny in that bag.
 I will wear it for the rest of the year.

2 comments:

Karmyn R said...

That kills me -

Because I have that exact same reaction when my husband comes home earlier than expected and his car is in the driveway waiting for me.

To know his car was there and he wasn't inside....that makes me ache for you.

Fianna said...

I wish I had more comforting words. Love you.