Thursday, January 19, 2012
Day 20
Every time my husband is gone, about 3-4 months prior to his return I start window shopping, online window shopping, at good ole Vicki's Secret! When I find the items that I think he'd love(and me too), I usually end up spending too much $$. When I receive those items, they never look as awesome on me as I thought they would. This time, I have made a promise to myself. I promise not to shop, or even LOOK at what Vicki is peddling unless I am at my goal weight AND maintaing that weight!!! This is not me saying I'm going on a diet, it just means that Vicki's Secret is off limits until I can be accountable for my own health and well being by maintaing a healthy weight for my body!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YOU say they don't look as good on you - but what does HE say?
As much as I look at myself and hate the weight I've put on - my husband still says, "wow, you are so beautiful and sexy." It is hard to believe it.
Karmyn is right. I'm not saying you shouldn't have a goal, but try to think of how your husband sees you (and how he might consider those purchases money well spent).
There was a similar topic over lunch in the staff lounge today. One of the teachers--the one who is in the best shape--mentioned that we never look at ourselves the way we look at other people. Most of us don't walk around picking at other people's appearances and finding every fault, but we know all our own problem areas. She mentioned her thighs. PUHLEASE! The woman has zero body fat and is a fanatic about exercise. After sitting quietly for a few minutes and listening as others chimed in to say how fit she is and how *they* are the ones who could lose some, I just said, "Well, I think we should ALL try to see ourselves the way we see others more and be as KIND to ourselves as we try to be to others. None of us are perfect. Sometimes there is even beauty in the imperfections.
Yes, my hubby still says I'm beautiful and sexy and it is extremely hard to believe it!!! I know I would feel better overall at a certain goal weight which is not even any of my 3 pre-pregnancy weights, so it's not like I'm being unrealistic, or too hard on myself with my goal!!
Post a Comment