Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yesterday...

love was such an easy game to play... Oh, excuse me. I didn't mean to break out in song. Let's see if I can try this again. Yesterday, I had my cherry popped. Not that one you dirty birds! A blogging cherry, there are many of them as beautifully described by WT in this post and in this one. Yesterday, I met my very first blogger in real life! It was a very exhilaratingly experience!

I had called her to let her know that I was getting away later than I had expected or wanted to. Oh her voice was so sweet and gentle. Me? The excitement could not be contained in my voice. I ran a mile a minute. I am sure I sounded like a giddy school girl. Thinking about how she sounded so calm, and that her voice was super sweet I wondered if I sounded crass and harsh. I suppose that would match my no shoving sunshine up anyones ass persona. I was afraid that just that 3 minute phone conversation had freaked her out and that she was wishing she had never agreed to let us come out to her home, let alone meet me.

We pulled up to her home and my oldest immediately said,"WOW! I could live here!" I second that! I am so mad at myself though. I DID remember to bring my camera, but do you think I took any pictures? NO! I had planned on taking photos of EVERYTHING. Of course I planned on getting her permission before I posted any of them. SIGH! Well I did take one photo. I will be saving that for another post. It needs to be cherished, savored, it is my lone photo.

There is actually quite a bit to tell for the 5 and half hours we spent at her house. I'm sure she will be blogging about it too. When we were leaving I told her to feel free to blog about ANYTHING she wanted to and to be absolutely honest. My feelings won't be hurt if she thinks my kids are untamed heathens. Or if I weirded her out just by me geeking out on her Kitchen. It's a good thing she didn't see my reaction to her master bathroom when her hubby gave me the upstairs tour. I'm still trying to decide if I am more envious of her kitchen or her bathroom. Oh, who am I kidding? I am envious of her entire home to include the garage and all the land!! I even told her that I want a place like this when I grow up. I am not kidding. She totally has my dream home, out in the country, on the Kansas prairie. I am sure you know by now that I am talking about Jenni from Prairie Air. I could have turned this into another contest, but for most of you it would have been a no brainier! Stay tunned, there are more stories to tell of my first ever blogger meeting. I feel sorry for Jenni. She told me she always thought the first blogger she would ever meet would be Ree. I am a F-list blogger if even that, so at least she still has "Meeting an A-list/Celeb blogger" to check off her list of blogging firsts. I just hope I didn't totally ruin it for her. ;)

10 comments:

the planet of janet said...

you. are. so. cute.

i just wish I could have been the one.....

(jealous much? why, yes, thank you!)

Anonymous said...

And I (sniff, sniff) was supposed to be the one to pop your cherry.

I'm glad you are having a blast!

Beckie said...

I'm jealous too - we could have had such a good time together.

Jenni said...

LOL! I was finally able to upload the photo and am working on my post now--popped over to grab the link. I'm afraid you've already told the story much better than I will! Except that Kaytabug is not quite as she describes herself here. She's much better in person!

BTW, the only reason I figured I'd meet Ree first is because I'm not far from her, I've been through that way several times, and we talked about it once or twice. Simply Jenn would have been my second guess for similar reasons. This meet up was certainly no let down!

Sauntering Soul said...

I'm keeping my hopes up to meet you in person someday too. But I know Atlanta is kind of a long way from you.

willowtree said...

I'm meeting a blogger this weekend myself.

I'm glad you got on well with Jenni, I've known her probably as long as any of my blog buddies, and longer than most of them.

Fianna said...

That is so cool!! This visit home is giving you so many neat-o experiences!! Very jealous. Driving there this weekend....I wish.

Unknown said...

You're too funny! But oh how you are rubbing it in that I missed meeting you both! :( Hey I'll be coming down to Missouri in February, maybe you girls would meet up with me in Joplin?

I can't wait to hear more! I had my first blog meet a few weeks ago I just haven't blogged it, don't know why, except I had so much else to tell and all we did was meet in a park and talk. We'll get together again so maybe I'll blog it then. :)

Anonymous said...

Way too jealous to comment. Let me go pout! :-)

KG said...

So ... when I met my first blogger in real life I had to totally tone it down because I didn't want to traumatize her small children. My small child is used to my insanity but I didn't want to send any more to therapy needlessly ...