Thursday, July 31, 2008

Books

So, yesterday I showed you the magic I posses. I said that I would show you all the books. I just now realized I didn't take pictures of ALL the books in the book room,that or I didn't take quality pictures. So I only have 5 today. I have a post in the making of things I found that made me think of blogger buds. Then I have one that will be full of other treasures found in that room. There is also another one that I want to do that is more like a meme but it is all about books, which is rather fitting. I just have a ton of posts in my head and pictures to share. I won't make any promises as to when they will show up. On with the show! Click on any shot to big it. See if you can find a favorite book!
In the one below there is more books below the last shelf you can see in the picture.
One close up.As you can tell from this photo I double shelved the books. Mom hates that, I do too, but I had no other choice. There are only a couple of shelves on this wooden shelving, that my Dad built, that aren't double shelved!
Just FYI, the books shown in this room only represent about an 1/8th of the amount of books my Mom owns. Fianna and my hubby knows. Tell them I am not exaggerating.

7 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Wow, that's a lot of books!!

Jenni said...

I spotted the Little House series, Across Five Aprils, and Heidi--all great books. It was hard to read most of the titles, though. I noticed your mom has like 4 copies of some of these books! She needs to weed out the duplicates so that she doesn't have to double up. A lot of the duplicates are paperbacks, so they aren't valuable or anything. If she just cannot bear to get rid of them completely, she could start making a collection for each of her kids or grandkids from the extras or box up the duplicates and only display the very best copy of each book. It is so much easier to tell other people what to do with all their excess stuff than to weed through my own!

Fianna said...

She is not exaggerating at all.

I was wondering how you got all the books so tidy. Double shelving explains it now! Not surprised at all that you did that.

I love that she has all the books....and a wonderful daughter to make a way so they can be enjoyed by all...and allow for an extra bed.

Anonymous said...

Good grief, that's a lot of books!

the planet of janet said...

wow. looks like my ex-husband's apartment!!! (the un-neat version, though)

Sauntering Soul said...

I donated many boxes and bags of books to charity at the beginning of the year yet I still am being run out of my house by all the books. I think your mom and I would get along so great!

Pamela said...

You can never go wrong - decorating your mind with books.

(I live with a declutter-er, so we have a tendency to not keep them.)