Who would have thought that meeting a blogger would have been such a workout? I don't mean a mental workout, or an emotional one. I mean a good old fashioned physical workout.(Get out of that gutter.) Let's go back to the beginning shall we? Ding Dong. Jenni answers the door. My children start filing in I try to name them off as they enter her home. I put some of our things down. Then we left to go check out her outside world. We stopped at the dog coral, I think she called it a kennel. The first things my boys asked was where her dogs were once they realized they weren't in the house. I had totally forgotten that they had a goat. They let the dogs out to walk with us. See, the goat thinks she is a dog too, just don't tell her. We walk along the path, talking as we go. We headed to the stable to see the horses. My oldest got to help feed them.
While we were at the stables my middle guy decided to get adventurous and went off exploring. It was once he was headed back towards us I noticed that he had strayed. He wanted to go explore in another direction. I told him it was ok, that we would follow him. My oldest was being a lil shy and didn't want to be left alone, so Jenni and I went into the barn to help ease his mind. She talked to Jordan, asked her to let my big guy help feed the horses. Once he knew what to do we turned around to catch up with my middle guy. But wait! Where did my baby boy go? He was wearing a bright orange shirt and there was no orange to be seen. I thought he probably trotted after my middle guy. So off we went down a different path than what we originally took. Once we could see quite a ways ahead on that path and no orange was in site, I said he couldn't have gotten that far let's go back. We then go back up a hill, yes there a hills in KS. Okay so maybe these were more like slopes. We head back the way we came, with another incline. At this point we are back by the house. No sign of either of my younger 2 boys. So we head down these stairs(scroll all the way down to see the full staircase I am referring to). It's like a short cut to the stable. Still no sign of them. We head back to the stable. Jenni recruits Jordan in the search for my 2 lost boys. We went further down the first path we had tried once we realized they were missing. Then we come back to the stables, remember the hill. Then we walked a ways in the opposite direction. Now I need to let you in on something. It was easily 90 degrees outside and we were not taking a leisurely walk. We were walking at very good, almost fast pace. I was not really freaked out that my boys were missing, even though it was so unlike them to stray from me when they were someplace unfamiliar. I have to say that each time Jenni took me down yet another different path I did start to worry a little, but I wasn't even close to freaking!
We kept on walking and talking. I am sweating like a pig, sweat is pouring down my beat red face. It's a good thing I didn't decide to put on any make-up, for sure it would have melted off! We head up an even steeper incline to get back to her house from yet a different path. We encounter her oldest son leaving. He informs us that his Dad had the boys and that they had left the house looking for us. We decided to go in the house, cool off a tad, and rehydrate ourselves. She calls Jordan to tell her to come back,the boys were with her Dad. Jenni had sent her further on at one point and we turned around to try yet another path. After the call and rehydrating, Off we went to see if Danny could hear Jenny yell for him. We walk back down these stairs, Jenni yelling as we go. We meet up with Jordan, and decide that Danny will return to the house eventually. Back up the stairs we go!
Want to know the really funny part to this story. The first time we that we came back by the house and then down the stairs for the first time, if we had thought to check in the house before heading down the stiars we would have found them and saved our butts from that kick ass cardiovascular workout!
I didn't think my boys were ballsy enough to walk into someones house that they had just met and make themselves at home. They had only spent less than 5 minutes in the house when we first got there. Obviously they felt right at home at Jenni's!
I know this was rather lengthy, and that there was no need to try and describe all the different ways we went. "We walked and walked and walked and walked and walked a whole fucking lot in 90 degree weather looking for my 2 heathens that were nice and cool in the air conditioned house." I know that would have sufficed. But that would have been the entire post and what fun would there have been in that?! There are still at least 2 more posts I can squeeze out of the day Jenni and I met. At least they won't be as long as this one.
9 comments:
*snort* only you ....
Her house sounds so wonderful!
Hehhehehe. Aaron would do that. I'm hating this damn heat wave. 90+ degree heat is for the birds.
I'm tired from reading that.
That's funny. Guess you didn't need to take the WiiFit huh?
Was it only 90? I tell ya, she may not have been freaked, but I was. I kept thinking, "Great! There's nothing like losing someone's kids for them to put an end to a friendship." Danny and the kids loved you and your boys, BTW. They are still laughing about some of the things the younger two said. They just can't get over the fact that I did something like this.
Phew! I'll just say it...I would have been freaking.
I would have stayed in the house and let everyone else go kid hunting... whew!!
ha ha
You could easily be making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat forum[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood avenues to build an income online.
Post a Comment