Oh, oh it's magic! I had a lil project while I was home in KS. My Mom lives in a very old bungalow. It used to be a farm house back in the day. She said the previous owners raised 3 kids in that house. Technically it is a 3 bedroom. There is a room that my Mom calls the Dormer. We have always called it the book room, it is filled with shelves and shelves of books. My Mom=a book wh@re! She has more than one copy of most of her books. She dreamed of having a used book store someday. She has given up on that dream but hasn't given up ANY of her books. Anyway, I have gone slightly of course. My project was to clean up the book room that had become a dusty storage room of more than just books and turn it into a usable space. Mom said it was a bedroom when the previous owners lived in it. My goal was to turn it back into one. Today I will show you before and after shots, because I know you all are a bunch of voyeurs! Click on any photo to enlarge.
BEFORE:


AFTER:



Viola! A usable bedroom! Now my Mom wants and needs to replace the windows in that room. She will also need to fix the ceiling. I kept it out of my photos on purpose. It is sagging in places from a long time a go when the roof leaked. Roof is fixed but ceiling is not and you can feel the heat coming in through the sagging ceiling. Anyway! Tomorrow I will post more of the book shelves, and maybe a few of the treasures I uncovered in there!
11 comments:
Noooo! Not the windows! I love the windows!
The room looks very nice, though. It looks like the perfect spot to sit and read alone and undisturbed.
You did an awesome job!! I have an art room in my little old house that is supposed to be a bedroom but looks quite similar to your mom's "before" photos. It's in serious need of some help. Wanna come to Atlanta?
wow. you truly ARE a magician!
Wow! Great work! And by the way, (((Hugs))) for the two postcards! They will be featured on Nine Acres on Sunday, August 10th!
That is amazing. See I told you that you were more amazing. I just cleaned my own house.
Looks very cozy in there now. You should host that show where they go in and declutter.
How great that the room can be used now! I had no idea about the history of her house, makes more sense now as to its layout. Did you rest at all while you were in KS?
What a terrific job!
I can't wait to hear about the books.
Wow! Great job. Wanna come work at my house next?
What a great big huge improvement!! You done good!
I lived on an old farmhouse in Missouri for a few years and it had what my in-laws called the slave room. It was above the kitchen with its own set or narrow steps going directly to the kitchen. I found it very sad.
How ‘kewl’ … do you sell your decluttering services? I could use some help!
Hugs and blessings,
I know you must've felt an awesome sense of accomplishment! It does look great! That's a really neat room. I like the windows. The wall color is pretty. I have a similar color in one of my rooms. It's feels clean and cool.
Post a Comment