Thursday, June 19, 2008

Q&A with Kaytabug Part 8

My most favorite Hineykapoople, Beckie has asked me a few questions. I have forgotten to mention in my last 2 posts that if you have a question you would like to ask me, head on over to this post and ask away. Don't forget to be careful what you ask for. Nikki found that out the hard way. ;)
On to Beckie's questions.

How is that exercise program doing?
It all started with my realization that not only had I been wearing fat pants I had moved on to wearing fat shirts, then I finally shared my workout play list. What really got my lazy fat ass motivated was finding out my number. At the time of that post I needed to loose 20 lbs to get into the normal weight BMI range. I got SICK right before my in-laws came for their annual visit, that helped to shed a good 5lbs. What I am most stoked about is the fact that I bought the Wii Fit. I pre-ordered that bad ride back in April and ever since the last day of May the Wii Fit has been rockin' my fat ass!! I L.O.V.E. my Wii Fit. I am now only 11 pounds away from my goal!! I will continue the Fit the rest of the summer with walks here and there. Come Mid-August when school starts up again you will find me back at the gym! I'll still be doing the Fit on the days I can't make it and the days that aren't gym days. I think the Fit has been a perfect way to ease my inactive ass back into working out. The way I see it, by the time I will be able to hit the gym again I'll be able to hit it full force like I used to.

How hot was it today where you are at?
Beckie asked her questions on June 12th, the high that day was 88. June 13th we were to have a high of 76. Today the 18th of June it was 78. Tomorrow same thing. I am loving this mild weather. It is mild for this time of year. Normal temps are at least in the 85 range. I am so not complaining. Lat summer we only had a couple weeks of 70 degree highs then it went straight to upper 90's!

Are you going on any good vacations this summer?
Vacation? What is that? We don't do vacations. Not because we are too good for vacations or whatever we just don't do them. The closest we get to a vacation is me taking the boys home to Kansas, staying with my Mom, taking them to swim lessons at the local pool, and taking them to other favorite places like the Zoo and stuff. I am a laid back kinda gal. Itinerary's and schedules make my ass twitch. I like to go with the flow. I also do not like MAJOR crowds. Zoo crowds aren't major, but I'm guessing a Zoo in a city with an estimated population of 357,698 doesn't have MAJOR crowds. We are going home, to Kansas, in July. Just me and the kids. The Fit is coming too. The 9 lbs I have lost would go right back on after eating at my 2 most favorite restaurants. I won't just be eating at their fine establishments just once,not just twice, maybe not even thrice, at minimum 4 times each restaurant. How I love Mexican and "German" food. I grew up eating at these restaurants. My Mom was never a cook so these 2 restaurants are like soul food for me, like Mom's home cookin' is for most.

Do you like to go camping?
NO. I love the outdoors but I can't sleep on the ground or in a bag. I would miss the comforts of home too damn much. Where's my DVR? Is there Wi-Fi out here? Where is that porcelain goddess? I LOATH porta-potties. Doing my bidness out in the woods just doesn't appeal to me. If you were talking RV camping, I'd be all over that! I know, I know RV's have a built in porta-potty that has to be emptied. That's what husbands are for, to get rid of all that bowl nectar.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, is the $$ for Wii really worth it?! I want it, yet am having such a hard time justifying the $300.

(and yay for you on losing the weight! Keep up the good work!)

the planet of janet said...

yay for getting yourself moving and being motivated. there is the funniest youtube video ever on the wii fit.

it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns

Anonymous said...

I'm salivating over the thought of German food. If it wasn't so full of carbs, I'd be going out for it tonight!

Unknown said...

I have been wanting to get the Wii Fit. How cool for you! Great job!

No camping? We use an inflatable mattress and I love sitting round the campfire at night.

Beckie said...

Thanks for answering my questions.

Congrats on the 9 pounds!

When I go camping it is the RV type - it works for me.

Bowel Nectar - I am so using that one.

Anonymous said...

Just dropped by...yours is the first blog I've visited in many many days...Congrats on the weight loss !
Camping? Is there room service with that?

Pamela said...

I can't sleep on the ground either. But I sure enjoy a campfire.

Would an old fart like me get fit with wiifit?