I have been sick since Monday night. I was up most of the night with crud coming out both ends, at the same time!!! Halfway through my sick-fest my middle son wakes up with a nightmare, he goes back to sleep with me on the couch only to wake up an hour later tossin' his cookies. For me it went on throughout the night. All day Tuesday I was laid up on the couch writhing in pain. I had a fever for most of the day, I drank water and ate saltines. I went to bed with the most horrible headache and pain in my gut. Yesterday I woke up with the same headache. I finally was rid of the headache by about noon time but I was still extremely weak and moving slow.
Why have I shared all of this? Because today is the day the in-laws arrive. I was sick during my final countdown days of cleaning and hardly anything has gotten done. Since the hubby doesn't care what the house looks like for his parents visit he hasn't helped at all. So here I sit at 5 in the fucking AM wide awake because I had ANOTHER FUCKING SPLITTING HEADACHE! I immediately took a 800 motrin and now it's just dull. I laid in bed for at least 45 minutes before getting up, trying to go back to sleep...I finally gave up. I figure if the hubs got up before 5 and went to work so can I. Yesterday I wasn't able to get much done due to being so weak. I would start something and within 5 to 10 minutes I'd have to stop and sit down. I was lightheaded. I just can't afford to still be that way today. I hope I can get a lot done this AM.
The only good thing about this morning besides the birds singing is that I finally figured out how to get the hubs out of bed and stop hitting his fucking snooze button. Want to know the secret? Fianna I know you do, listen up...it is so easy! Start asking him questions! "What do you want for dinner tonight? What meals should we make while your parents are here? What do they like to eat for breakfast? Man my head is killing me! Should we just wait until they are here, let them decide what they want to eat and then go to the store?"
He warned me that tomorrow his alarm will be going off at 3AM and that he doesn't plan on getting up until 4. Game on!
In-law arrival t-minus 11 hours and counting.
7 comments:
Oh you poor thing! I am so sorry you have been sick! What horrible timing.
I really appreciate the help with the snooze button. If they sold a clock without one, I would be all over it.
I posted a treat for your hubby on my site. Hee-larious.
Hope laughing doesn't hurt.
I hope you are able to get what you need, done. If not, well, just give them some of your sickness and they won't care what is going on at your house. Just clean the toilet. Hehehehe!
Oh hun, I hope you feel better soon. Being sick and dealing with the in-laws at the same time is no fair.
Oh that is my least favorite kind of sick.
I'm not a fan of snooze buttons. They ruin my slumber. Good luck with the in-laws. I usually get sick when mine come to town, but I think it is mostly psychological.
oh ewwwwwwww, hon, i'm so sorry. sick + inlaws = bad combination!
me, i'm a fan of the snooze button -- if it's MINE. i like to set multiple alarms. gives me the impression of sneaking in more sleep ;-)
Get well soon! xoxoxo
Oh no, I hope you feel better soon!
I am SO hoping you are feeling better by now. :)
Post a Comment