Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fun What?

I am 0 for 2. This is ridiculous. I really thought I could easily get a picture of one of my collections up this past Monday. I took the photos and then never got it up. It was such a great topic for me. I have many collections. I have the shot glasses that I started collecting from each state I have been to as an adult. I have hat pins from all the states I have been to when I was a child.
I have a collection of photos, magazines, stationary, books, VW bugs and buses, none that I can drive :(
I also collect Teddy bears
The pillow my Grandma(my Mom's Mom) made for me when I was 13 or 14. This collection of Teddy bears isn't even my entire collection. So at least now you have seen one of my collections. Sorry Mariposa.

I am still going to be MIB, hopefully not as much. My Mom left this AM. As of today I have only 7 days to get this house ready for the dreaded yearly in-law visit. I have a lot to do. I am sure it is worse in my mind than it actually is, that there is more to be done than there actually is. But nothing will get done if I get sucked into the black hole that is my computer. In 2 weeks I should get back to my regular programming!! I really should be able to get out a few posts over the next week, I hope. Don't hold me to it though!

8 comments:

Fianna said...

It is so hard to find time for blogging when you have company. No worries, sister.

I feel your pain, we will be hosting the in-laws for the Memorial Day weekend... cleaning starts tonight.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

OOoooooo, good luck on that cleaning bit. Hope the in-law visit is relatively pain free.

Sauntering Soul said...

This is just one more reason why it's great to date a Brazilian guy....his mom is probably not going to be coming to visit very often. She's never been to the States for the 1.5 years we've been dating.

My mom seems to come to my house almost every weekend and I have long ago given up trying to clean my house everytime she comes over.

Hang in there!

Beckie said...

My condolences on the in law visit.

Is that Muffy VanderBear in the picture of the bears?

the planet of janet said...

ugh. i feel your pain.

i miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss youuuuuuuuuu.

Anonymous said...

ate my freaking comment. hate blogger. i say you spike the tub with drano with the in-laws come. ugh. i have to see mine tomorrow. UGH.

Pamela said...

In law visit. You looks like you can BEAR it!!!

storyteller said...

Sometimes life gets in the way of our best laid plans. I’m glad you went ahead and shared your Fun Monday collection post … even if it was a bit late. You certainly do have a lot of collections. I love the pillow (reminds me of one my maternal grandmother made for me) and the collection of bears.
Hugs and blessings,