Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Good Deed

Oh yeah, that's right! I did a good deed today and I didn't know I was going to do it.
I didn't set out to the grocery store today thinking to myself..." I am going to do a good deed today at the store!" But it happened and it's a shame I cant count this for Monday! It is so good!

I went to the grocery store today. I had more than a few things to get today...not a whole cart full...more like half and with no list. I forget things if I don't have a list. I am minding my own and during my 35 plus minutes at the store I was stopped by 6 people asking me questions, giving me kudos...huge props for what I was wearing. One guy even said I was bold!! Today must have been old folks day at the grocery store. They were the ones stopping me. I love old people! There was one old Lady and 5 Men that stopped me. I had a huge smile on my face the entire time I shopped and for probably 2 hrs afterwards. If I did not make their day they made mine! At least 5 out of the 6 were no younger than 70 and one guy couldn't have been younger than 60.

One of the men that gave me a comment made me think of my Grandpa who was brazen and an ornery old fart. Always talking to ppl in the store. This man came up behind me in line and told me a joke...reminding me even more of my G-pa! OK I know I am loosing Willowtree here so I'll just get to the point!

This is what I had on...
I thought of WT while I was getting comments at the grocery store....I just knew if he had been in there he would have been one of the old men that had to say something to me. There were at least 5 other old guys that I saw smiling at my shirt...they just weren't brave enough to say anything. Who knows how many other people I made their day by me wearing this shirt!
I got this shirt as I hate ppl saying KS is flat. I know I am not flat but I never thought I was giving it justice but after today...apparently I am doing just fine!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give me a break! I'm not old enough to get away with talking to strange women.

Kaytabug said...

Sweetie you already talk to strange women! LMAO! ;)

Robinella said...

Funny girl! You may have smiled for 2 hours afterwards, but I bet those old farts are still smilin'. VaVaVaVOOM!

I love seeing deleted comments. The imagination runs wild.

~R

Unknown said...

How funny! Had you forgotten you were wearing that shirt and were puzzled by all the talkers? So funny. There's hills in KS? :)

Kaytabug said...

R~ See that is why I should be able to count it as my good deed...I'm still making the farts smile!!

Lisa~ I remembered what I was wearing but never had a stranger somment on the shirt before. 2 out of the 6 asked me if I was originally from KS, all said in one way or another that it was a great shirt. None said anything about my boobs...except for one...but I had said that I'm sure it would look better on someone more endowed than I and he said Oh NO you are doing just fine!! That was the closest anyone got and I asked for it by what I said!
Yes there are hills in Ks...the flint hills in the North Eastern part of Ks! West Ks is the flattest part.

Unknown said...

Too funny! But 90% of KS is flat. :) Right? When I think of hills I think of Arkansas. I grew up in SW MO.

Debs said...

LMAO I love that shirt! :D

Beckie said...

LMAO - I thought when I read this...Oh, WT is going to say he isn't that old!!! So funny.

The other day I walked my kid to the bus and some old man stopped me (I say old because he had grey/no hair and he was missing half of his teeth) and told me a joke about old people then proceeded to tell me that he and I weren't there yet. I thought, Dude, don't be grouping me with the oldies yet! I came home looked in the mirror and then called five friends for reassurance.

Great shirt, BTW.

Kaytabug said...

Lisa~ You are going the right way for a Ks history/fact lesson! ;)

Deb~ I love it too! Even before yesterday!

Beckie~ WT may not be that old but he sure gets away with talking to strange women... even if I'm the only strange one!! Your story is funny! I doubt I would have been stopped if I had the kids in tow... I love old people! They say whats on their mind!!
Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

To funny for words;)

i cracked up on that picking on WT much:)

Anonymous said...

Oh totally count this as your Fun Monday! Just re-post it or link to this post. Ha! Nothing like putting a sparkle in old men's eyes, right WT?

Fianna said...

Awesome!! That is great! Nice rack, btw. Hehehe

willowtree said...

WTF?? I didn't know this it bag WT day. I don't see it on my calendar!

Sauntering Soul said...

That may be one of the most awesome t-shirts I've ever seen!

Pamela said...

I need a side shot to be sure there gal.

Anonymous said...

Great, I could never pull off wearing that shirt! But, it would've cracked me up to see YOU in it!

Funny stuff!

Anonymous said...

I love it! LMAO.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hee hee. Fantastic shirt.