Monday, June 23, 2008

Q&A with Kaytabug Part 9

The lovely Jenni from the oh so fragrant Prairie Air has asked me a bunch of Kansas related questions.
Here are a couple I know will be easy for you to answer.
What are your favorite Kansas places? Wow I have a lot of favorite places in Ks.I'll name a few. One would have to be Harvey County West Lake/Park. It has a beautiful Nature trail that I love to walk. I was married there, not on the trails or Lakeside but on the park grounds under the Cottonwoods. Pillsbury Crossing near Manhattan, KS which is located in another favorite place of mine, The Flint Hills. Tuttle Creek Lake, more specifically the Spillway. It doesn't look the same as it did when I used to go there often, but it is still a favorite place. If I get the chance to scan I will share pictures here. Looks like I will be sharing those photos Tuesday.

What do you love most about Kansas? Are you kidding me? I have talked about my love of KS in this post and in this one, scroll down to the picture of 3 girls on bikes. What follows that picture is some things that I heart about KS. I'll share some more here for those non link clickers. I love the wide open spaces, the fact that you can see for miles and miles and miles and miles! I love the Flint Hills, the rolling sea of grass. I love the people. I never knew how I took it for granted until I lived in NYC. Actually I didn't even realize that I loved the way people are in Kansas until I lived in NYC. I don't know how to explain it but even my hubs has said that sometimes the niceness of people in KS is almost too much. I love complete strangers saying Hi as you walk past them, holding doors open for complete strangers, returning your wallet to your doorstep when you were having a blonde moment and left it on the top of your car when you were filling it up with gas. Good people. The stars seem to shine brighter in KS, the air actually smells fresher, cleaner. I love the beauty of the state, even though it took me leaving her to realize how beautiful she was and how much I loved her.
Now that I sound like a complete freakazoid I will move on to the next question!

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? (Be specific!) I would love to live in the Manhattan,KS area. Preferably in the country. My second choice would have to be in the country outside of my hometown. Ever since my first visit to Manhattan I felt like I was home. I still feel that way whenever I go visit.

Where can you buy sunbutter? (I'm guessing that is sunflower nut butter.) She guesses correctly. I buy it at the Dillons store in my hometown. It is located in the "organic" section. Most health food stores should carry it. Sunbutter comes in 6 varieties. Natural Crunch is my favorite. It does come in Organic for those organic lovers. I like sunbutter better than Peanut Butter. It is an alternative for those with peanut allergy's.

What is the quirkiest Kansas place you've been to? Lucas, Kansas. Hands down. Any place that has this and is Home of The World's Largest Collection of The Worlds Smallest Versions of The Worlds Largest Things is beyond quirky.

What is your favorite flower? (I bet I know.) Yes Jenni, I bet you do know. ;) The Sunflower, which happens to be the State flower of Kansas. I also love daisies and roses. Those are my top 3 for sure. Those 3 were also in my wedding bouquet, along with a few sprigs of wheat( for my Mom's parents who were wheat farmers,my Grandpa passed when I was 17 and my Grandma M. passed 5 months before my wedding. My Grandma P. had passed 3 months before my wedding and the roses represented her) and other native Kansas wildflowers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love me some sunflowers. It always amazes me how tall they can get.

the planet of janet said...

how fun! lots of linkies for me to check out. (the world's largest collection of the world's smallest versions of the world's largest things??? i love it)

Unknown said...

Wow you do love you some Kansas. :) I guess I haven't seen enough of it. :)

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of Sunbutter before. How cool is that! I've through Manhattan and stayed at motels there more than a few times. That is a nice area.

Pamela said...

that was a lot of links to links (:

but wonderful nonetheless. Those things are noisy!

Molly said...

Hi Kaytabug,
I have never been west of Fort Scott, Kansas, and that was only because my mother would figure out how to travel to a new state if we were nearby. From your post, I can see some places that I need to visit. Take care.

I like your new look.

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Super answers to the Kansas questions! THANKS!

I really enjoy my Google Alert for Blogs on “Kansas Flint Hills!”
Yours came up today!

Our 22 county Flint Hills Tourism Coalition, Inc. promotes visits to the Kansas Flint Hills – the website is: http://www.kansasflinthills.travel/

Best wishes!
Dr. Bill ;-)
Personal Blog: http://flinthillsofkansas.blogspot.com/

Robinella said...

So I take it you'll be moving back to Kansas some day. hahaha

Irish Coffeehouse said...

(said with mega 'tude oozing from the keyboard)

Oh I'm totally feeling slighted at this precise moment! What happened to answering MY questions? Huh? Huh? Well???

(erupting into laughter)

(then getting baffled thinking maybe I missed your answers and deciding to go looking again)