Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Soul Song

I had a few comments from Monday that thought "I'm a Bitch" was not my song. Oh but it is. I identify with it. It really fits me. I can see though that some do not see me as a bitch, and maybe that is where their issue lies. I said in my reply comments that I would post a few more songs. I think where my issue has been is that I don't feel that there is any song that represents me, aside from "I'm a Bitch". I have to go with a song that comforts me,a song I feel, a song that touches my soul... a soul song.

I have listened to this song on repeat many, many, many times over the years since I first heard it in 1997.


Her voice is so comforting to me. She is one of my favorite singers. I love every single one of her songs. If you want to read the lyrics to this song go here.

If I think of any other songs, I'll post them.

14 comments:

Jenni said...

That was beautiful! I love her voice. I think I've heard the song before, but not often, and I am only vaguely familiar with her name. I think I need to look for more of her music.

I listened to the other Anna Nalick song. She has such a beautiful voice and her lyrics are so heartfelt. I need to find more of her music as well.

These are singers who just aren't in the range of my pre-sets I guess.

Fianna said...

Oh I love Sarah. Her songs frequently cause tears. She has such a beautiful, stirring voice.

ChrisB said...

I don't know this singer but she has a really beautiful voice and I love this song.

willowtree said...

That's a beautiful song, in fact I have that album.

Now for a little story...I'll never forget the first time I heard her, it was in upstate NY after some heavy duty substance abuse. Why would I remember it? Well a line in 'Building a Mystery' says "you live in a church", which knocked us out because I was staying with my best friend, who actually does live in a church.

Junebug said...

Yes, this song I have listened to over and over and over while driving my car by myself. I do that. When no one else is with me I may listen to the same song 20 times. Wasn't "City of Angels" a killer of a movie? I was so sad when Meg's character died.

Beckie said...

I like that song a lot. I love her voice!

Alison said...

great song...I love her...she is one of my favorites.

the planet of janet said...

oh yeah. love this.

karisma said...

mm mm, interesting! you know every song I have listened to seem to be a favourite or something we like. I like and love many songs, but what is the song that really defines YOU?

kitten said...

That song is beautiful! Happy Valentines Day! & thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

Debs said...

I love all of Sarah's songs.

Robinella said...

I do love that song too.

Emma in Canada said...

If you like her, have you ever listened to Jann Arden? She is fantastic! I love them both.

Irish Coffeehouse said...

Sorry, I'm just now catching up on last week's Fun Monday.

What a great song choice- she really is a fantastic artist!