Monday, February 25, 2008

Fun Monday What's in a name?

This week's hostess is Mariposa. Is it just me or does anyone else start singing"Mariposa and the butterfly fairies"? I'd like to think that the commercials are on overkill because the DVD is due out this Tuesday as opposed to me having Nick Jr. on entirely too much. On to her assignment which is twofold:
(1) Please share to us how the NAME of your BLOG was made? I can't wait to hear interesting funny stories!

(2) Please share to us (in words or photo, though a combination of both will be a bonus!) your favorite/ most common dish!


When I started blogging back in June I named my blog "Momma K & 3 Lil Men". About 13 or 14 posts into blogging I decided to change it. I didn't want potential readers to think my blog was all about my kids and being a Mom , in other words I was afraid of people just skipping over it thinking it was just another mommy blog before reading another word. I made the change before I had any readers. Well I had one reader, my BFF Fianna...okay I had 2 if you count my hubby. How did I come up with Lady K?
One word: Thunderbirds.Something made me think of Thunderbirds, maybe it was the mini Thunderbird 1 I kept stepping on,which then made me think of Lady Penelope. So I thought instead of Momma K, why not Lady K? I thought it was sassy. It is meant to be funny. I am far from a lady, I belch, I fart, I swear like a Marine, I get dirty, I don't sugar coat anything, I don't shove sunshine up anyones ass...hence the tag line for my blog.I started to tire of my blog name back in September. I thought up some new blog names and put up a poll in my sidebar during the month of November asking readers to help me choose a new blog name. It is still there, closed but there. I was really feelin' the name that received the most votes until Karisma suggested " A bugs Life". I really, really like that name but all I could think of was the Disney/Pixar movie by the same name and I am afraid of what Disney/Pixar would do to me if I used the name of their movie as my blog name, copyright laws and all. Then Beckie suggested "A Kaytabug's Life", and WT offered up "Bugger This". I am terrible at making decisions, or being creative so I just never made one. Maybe some day I will choose a new blog name but for now it remains the same. Feel free to put your 2 cents in if you like. I am open for suggestions.

On to a favorite dish.
Well it is one of my favorites! You can always count on me to be a smart ass!
I do have favorite foods like Spaghetti, dill pickles, brownies, strawberry rhubarb pie, Art's & Mary's Salt 'N Crack'd Pepper potato chips, Pot Roast, Braeburn apples, Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup to name a few.
Go back to Mariposa's and check out the rest of the players this week.

34 comments:

Alison said...

I like Lady K...but I also like Bugger This...I must admit...I am a Lady like you are a Lady!!

willowtree said...

That makes sense. I never really ponder as to how a blog got its name, but this does clear it up.

Anonymous said...

Can you repeat that?
And yes, smart asses do think alike. That's makes at least two of us "to unite." At least you followed up with what Mariposa was talking about.
For anyone reading this, thinking, "This comment makes no sense at all..." You started it.

Kila said...

Cute dish. Is it from your childhood?

Junebug said...

Lady K makes me think of English gardens and Jane Eyre and floating in the water in a canoe and Anne of Green Gables. Probably exactly the kind of thing you would not want me to think of?

-Ann said...

Intersting name story. I love a good apple. I bought the most delicious 4-pack of Empire apples in January. Every apple I've had since has suffered in comparison.

Kaytabug said...

alison~ Thanks for the input. I'm glad I'm not alone.

WT~ Makes sense now doesn't it? I bet you thought I was trying to be regal and stuck up.

swampy~ What do you want me to repeat?

kila~ Yes it is from my childhood.

junebug~ It makes me think of those things too. Secret Gardens and Anne of Green Gables are among my favorite books.Who would of that that?! The different shades of me!

Ann~ Thank you. I love apples...I will see if I can get Empire here and try one.

Ingrid said...

I had to laugh about your difficulties to find a blogtitle and that you are not a lady so maybe you are Lady Chatterly ?? lol ! I didn't have any difficulties, I just love to write until I get writer's cramps and my blogtitle was born !

Pamela said...

The word dish can be translated into many things. How about a satellite dish? Except we're on cable.

I'm going to think all day tomorrow about your blog name. Well, it's going to bug me, anyway.

j said...

Sassy is right! I like it - Jen

Mariposa said...

Love Lady K and ha, I swear like marines too! ;)

And your favorite dish? You got me there! LOL

Anonymous said...

Lady K suits you, love "both" your fave dishes

ChrisB said...

Your dish is cute (I did think about doing this as well as food)!

Enjoyed the name story~ Lady K is very aristocratic!

Jill said...

I would be offended to be called a 'lady' that's kind of like calling me 'normal' -- shudder! I'm completely offended.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm a smart ass too! I love the fact that you don't shove sunshine up people's asses. It's part of your brilliance.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I like your sassy name! So you and was it Swampy had the same dish idea and I for one just have to say in the world of funny and the two of you "I am not worthy"
have a great week...

Sauntering Soul said...

So that's where Lady K came from. I never would have known since I've never heard of the show Thunderbirds....

I'm no lady either.

JennV said...

Great story! and I Loved your dish!

Have a Fun Monday!

Mamalang said...

I love that dish.

And nice story for the blog name.

Faye said...

Hey looks like you've got a following that will go with you where ever so just do what pleases you. You have a point about changing the mommy thing though--it's unfair, but we not-mommies may not go to an obviously mommy blog. There are some I love though for their creativity.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Don't worry, the perfect name will come to you in good time. I love Art's & Mary's Salt 'N Crack'd Pepper potato chips!

Hootin Anni said...

I have always liked your blog title...why? 'cause my daughter has a website from long ago [I don't even know if she does it any more actually---ya, it was THAT long ago!!] Anyway, her website title was Lady K's Camelot or something like that. LOL ---but there was a Lady K in it. So, naturally I would grow to love your title too.

Sandy said...

You mean that's not the definition of lady? Hmm, my husband's been lying to me all this time!

My mom makes the world's best rhubarb pie and now I am going to have to dig out the recipe.

I do thank you.

the planet of janet said...

heee! i knew we were sisters ... i also swear like a marine. ;-)

and i did wonder what happened to the name-the-blog poll. thanks for clearing THAT up!

Sayre said...

A Kaytabug's Life sounds good to me!

Celeste said...

I agree with the others -- Lady K invokes aristocracy or the English.

I do like the dish ;)

Kim said...

A Bug's Life is my favorite movie!

Unknown said...

I am horrible at coming up with names so I am no help at all. Love your dish!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, you need to consult a non partisan group of individuals for a new name, though Lady K sounds royal-like to me, thinking regal and all. Luckily our site name was solved with very little effort after a lot of libation.
Fill the dish with some strawberries and whipped cream and I am there. NLM

Kaytabug said...

gattina~ I wish it was that easy for me.

pamela~ Damnit! I should have taken a pic of our satellite dish.arrr
I hope it's not going to bug you!!

jen~ Thanks!

mariposa~ tee hee!!

laura~ Thanks!

chrisb~ I am so not an aristocrat. So Lady K is meant to be sarcastic!

lil mouse~ I think there is a little lady in all of us women!!

nikki~ I am blushing. Oh..I'm getting a little verklempt!

ellenb~ Thanks!! Nikki also was a smarty pants and posted plates!!

SS~ If it makes you feel any better anyone that is familiar with Thunderbirds probably would not have guessed I got my inspiration for my blog name from Lady Penelope. It was just the name, that inspired my blog name...not the character. She wore too much pink for my taste!!

jenn v and mamalang~ Thanks!!

faye~ Thanks for proving my point! I am glad I changed it. I guess I should have also said that of those first 14 posts only 2 had anything to do with being a mom or my kids! It comes out in posts every once in a while...but I knew I didn't want those two things to be the main focus of my blog, I have so much more to share and say.
OH and If I change my blog name I wont change my URL so everyone reads me would still have the same link, no worrying about them finding or following me.

carrie sue~ I love love those chips they are my FAVE. My Mom always brings me some and whenever I'm home I buy a few bags! Nothing compares.

Hootin' Anni~ I'm glad you like it! Thanks for sharing why!

Sandy~ Now you are just being a tease! ;)

janet~ glad I cleared that up, Sis!

sayre~ Yeah I like that one too.

celeste~ So does that mean you like Lady K or think a different name would be better?

kim~ Me too!

Lisa~ Same here!

NLM~ But I am not regal or royal...thought my hubs might think I am a royal pain in his ass!!

j said...

Just here to shove a little sunshine your way - Lah lah lah lalah! :^D
Have a happy day Lady K! Jen

Melanie said...

I love the name Lady K- cute way you came up with it.

Karina said...

All this talk of blog names has me really glad I like the first name I picked for my blog, but it's making the choice for a name for the new blog I'm contemplating even tougher...sigh...

Your dish is adorable! ;-)

Irish Coffeehouse said...

Even though blog name is intriguing, I really like it. But I also really like the Kaytabug one too!

Your dish is awesome!

Thanks for sharing!