Speaking of whining...when my children whine, scream,or cry while they are trying to tell me something or ask me something I often ask them if they are speaking English, because I can't understand what they are saying. Last night at 5 minutes to midnight my middle boy comes into the bedroom not quite crying...it's hard to explain how he sounded. After trying to figure out why he was up and what was wrong I told him to go to the bathroom. He did, came back out still half assed crying and incoherent. Me being tired and frustrated asked him,"Are you speaking English?" and he said, "NO." I replied,"I thought so." He says, "Sometimes I speak English." I tucked him back in bed and I just kept laughing inside, thinking I need to blog this!
Take a look at my new best friend.

Why is a box of tissue my new best friend? This is no ordinary box of tissue. It is tissue plus lotion, WITH the sent of VICKS!!! I started feeling a cold coming on yesterday and now this box of tissue is my new best friend.
I'm pretty sure most of you have headed over to Nikki's and voted for your favorite Elvis. For those late comers or lurkers(like I have any of those) head over to Nikki's and vote for your favorite Elvis. You have until midnight February 29th.
10 comments:
I was betting on Ramen.
Kids - at least they are good for an occasional laugh. Mine haven't even been good for that this week. I have one sick one, one that got sent to the principal's office and one that has raging hormones.
Maybe that was too much info for a comment.
beckie~ so sorry, but we do eat it. I want to try your version of Ramen. Which flavor do you use? What kind of veggies? I have a sweet chili sauce, what kind do you use?
That wasn't TMI! I am feeling for ya though!!
I missed yesterday's post so didn't vote but I don't like popcorn so wouldn't have chosen this option. But then I love apples!!
i think popcorn and apples make a DELICIOUS dinner. i'm totally for it.
excellent fiber, too ;-)
I love that whining is a separate language in and of itself. This is apparently taught at a young age, universally, perhaps by the boogie monster?
I love them!!!!!!!See I have been buting mentol one off of Drug Store .com!! I am so glad they are out in the world!! i buy them everytime i go to the store!! they are in every room!!! i love them!!
Ooooo, Vicks scented tissues. Must get these...just because!
I love the "speaky english" part. I'll have to try that. I usually do something totally immature like whine my reply right back to them. btw, it doesn't help the situation. hahaha
Hope you feel better soon.
knock on kleenex box. I haven't had any bugs yet this winter.
I've already read your popcorn post, so it is too late to guess.
I keep forgetting to get the tissues with Vick's. I love that stuff when I am sick.
hmm im going to have to try asking my kids that... my oldest does that alot...
Post a Comment